Pre Match Thread

maqroll

They're a good side but so are Villa apparently. For all the talk of Rice being the second coming of Beckenbauer in the media, Bowen has been by far their most important player this season and it looks like he could be out.

Hopefully their tough away trip to Sevilla while Villa sauntered up the M1 to demolish Leeds will play in our favour as well.

Big test this one, I agree that Sanson should start, Ramsey was off the boil last night and needs a rest I think. He's been a revelation no need to run him into the ground though.

Might be a game for Buendia and Coutinho as 2 10s with Watkins on his own up top if we're not just going to play on the break.

• Like 2

glad they had a trip to Spain yesterday, levels things up a bit energy wise. 

We cannot expect to walk through their defence though. Leeds are just truly garbage defensively. West Ham will be organised and much tougher.  Aim for 3, but a draw won't be a bad result.

• Like 1

Hopefully they play likes of Noble. Defensively they're not that good really for what their position has been during the season but obviously lots of pace and directness in midfield and final third and we usually struggle v Antonio.

Seems Benhrahma had a good game coming on last night so think they'll give him a start to get him ready for second leg, Bowen is injured isn't he?

I think its a good time to play them but it's still a tough game. Still get annoyed about the result at their place last season as Villa played really well and was annoying to miss a pen and have that Watkins goal disallowed. Good chance to see where the team is at this as they have been in the top 6 majority of the season. Might be time for a bit of rotation, Ramsey could do with a rest as his been quiet past few teams (to be expected with a young player). 

Tough one to predict but i'm going to go for a 1-1 draw here. 

• Like 1

They are tough team and we've been poor against them in the past.

We haven't won in the past seven meetings between the teams and only won once in the past eleven.

Four wins in a row, I think we can do it.

I want to see 2 or 3 changes for this one else what lessons have we learnt from previous games where a tired team have capitulated.

We have the squad now, time to use it properly.

If it were up to me id be playing Konsa, Sanson and Emi for Chambers, JJ and Ings.

We can always get them on the pitch if needs be.

Agree with the changes as mentioned...

Sanson looks ready, it's a good idea to give Ramsey a rest.

Buendia too I think should start, to give us more energy in he middle. However that means one of the strikers to drop out which is unfair, but dropping Ings would give us a little more.

I predicted a win in the pre-match threads for Brighton, Southampton and Leeds.

Let's do it, 1-0 Villa.

7 hours ago, Villa87 said:

Big game this!

Emi

Cash Chambers Mings Digne

McGinn Luiz Sanson

Coutinho

Ings Watkins

I'd agree with this, I think Sanson looked tidy last night and JJ could do with a rest. I also think I'd keep Chambers for his heading ability (and goal scoring) as West Ham have a few monsters in their team. 

Bowen is a huge miss for them but they are still a quality team. You know what you are going to get from a Moyes team. We'll need to be focused and orgainsed. 

This is going to be a tougher gig than the last 3 without a doubt, if we can get the 3 points here then I think it will be by winning by a goal margin, 2 goal margin max. Hammers have a good mixture of physicality and guile in their team, we will need to be really careful from corners and make sure that we don't foul the livewire Bowen in the penalty area.

The draw against them a couple of years back which kept us up was a good battle, and tbh both teams have improved massively since then and are looking at the other end of the table which is fantastic to see. I am not going to disparage the team if we come off second best here, they have shown great strength of character to come back from a horrific set of results and have given themselves the opportunity to transform are fortunes for this season.

This would have been a good game for me to attend, got a ST but don't get tickets anymore for away games due to losing my criteria a few years back when i wasn't able to renew my ST one year and meant i lost the history. Stratford is only 15 mins away from my workplace on the jubilee line, if it was midweek and i was at the office i would have gone and sat in the home end lol