Pre Match Thread

maqroll

Win this and I’ll be very impressed, you don’t fluke 4 wins in a row in this league, plus the opposition and the fact it’s away.

No Bowen for them means significantly less goal threat although I’m sure Antonio is due a big performance…

1 hour ago, bose said:

Reading their forum they couldn’t care less about this one. They are all thinking about Sevilla. Most want Moyes to rotate heavily but somehow I doubt he will.

In their place I can understand that. They're in a decent spot to qualify for Europe again, but the chance to go deep in the cup is there.  Let's hope their team feels like that tomorrow too

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, PaulC said:

We  have a good chance as we have far superior attacking players to them. Antonio never scores so lets hope that continues. Bowen out! We should get at least a draw. 

Yeah, out of form strikers very rarely get their seasons back on track against us 😬 

• Haha 3
  • Sad 1

yes i do think they must be just wanting to get this out of the way and quickly so they can focus on their europa game. However you would think they would want the 3 points condisering they have been a bit hit and miss recently. i watched the leeds game which they lost in and our type of play can cause them problems imo. we are going to need to take our chances when they present themselves though and make sure we defend very well from set pieces. I just hope it isnt one of those days where we keep being offside or not clinical in front of the goal, this is an amazing opportunity to almost secure 40 points which will give us enough time to try and attempt to beat the 55 points from last season. will be hard to do but should aim for that

I'd be happy with a draw. West aaam are where they are due to greater consistency than us....my heart is hoping for them to capitulate like they did vs dirty Leeds and we do the business again, 0-2 ings and Coutinho 

Head says 0-0 

On 11/03/2022 at 05:57, YouUnastanFren said:

They're a good side but so are Villa apparently,For all the talk of Rice being the second coming of Beckenbauer in the media, Bowen has been by far their most important player this season and it looks like he could be out.

Hopefully their tough away trip to Sevilla while Villa sauntered up the M1 to demolish Leeds will play in our favour as well.

?

On 11/03/2022 at 08:10, romavillan said:

Big test this one, I agree that Sanson should start, Ramsey was off the boil last night and needs a rest I think. He's been a revelation no need to run him into the ground though.

Might be a game for Buendia and Coutinho as 2 10s with Watkins on his own up top if we're not just going to play on the break.

Ings is playing really well, in terms of his link play....needs a run.

Too early to disrupt a developing partnership.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

On 11/03/2022 at 13:18, Nigel said:

I want to see 2 or 3 changes for this one else what lessons have we learnt from previous games where a tired team have capitulated.

We have the squad now, time to use it properly.

If it were up to me id be playing Konsa, Sanson and Emi for Chambers, JJ and Ings.

We can always get them on the pitch if needs be.

That could be said for your 3 too😜

Its hard to change a winning side, if there are no issues....good for team morale too ,to keep the shirt.....gives everyone something to fight for.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, TRO said:

Canny....controlled.....calculated.

He is so well rounded and both a true student and master of the game. I personally think we’re in very good hands. Demanding high standards is something this club has lacked for as long as I can remember. Good times ahead.

Edited by BleedClaretAndBlue
  • Like 2

7 minutes ago, BleedClaretAndBlue said:

He is so well rounded and both a true student and master of the game. I personally think we’re in very good hands. Demanding high standards is something this club has lacked for as long as I can remember. Good times ahead.

He has a powerful combination in his persona

A burning desire to succeed and a boat load of Humility, to boot.

Its hard to find that, in an individual.....but its so bloody engaging.

Edited by TRO
  • Like 3

This will be a tough game, but

We have shown an edge in the previous games, that we will need against WHU

It should be another game, where we can learn some valuable lessons about ourselves.

These games now should be pre cursor to next season......Lots of learning, a good window, a good pre season and away we go.