Pre Match Thread

maqroll

I reckon 3-1 villa. Get at the moment, their defence isn't much cop and soucek isn't in his purple patch.

They're inconsistent atm and we like a battle with mcginn and JJ/Sanson.

Cash I think will do a number on Antonio and Ming's will hopefully mark soucek at set pieces.

The only way I see us losing is if Martinez is spooked by Moyes's increasingly disfigured, gollum face.

Edited by lapal_fan
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, lexicon said:

Little concerned with that given that a few players looked leggy on Thursday. 

I definitely get that and I'm surprised that Sanson doesn't start - the one thing in our favour is that West Ham are in a similar position - presumably we're hoping our quality will see us through in a battle between two tired teams.

• Like 1

I hope SG is prepared to make changes earlier than usual , if things don't look right.

I think we've experienced now, that games against Leeds, seem to take a shed load of energy out of teams.

We were lethargic and tripe after the last one.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I hope SG is prepared to make changes earlier than usual , if things don't look right.

I think we've experienced now, that games against Leeds, seem to take a shed load of energy out of teams.

On the plus side, don’t think the last Leeds game was nearly as exhausting as the 3-3 one.

• Like 3

Surprised West Ham have not rotated either, they were chasing shadows on warm evening in Seville on Thursday and have their biggest game of the season in the 2nd leg this Thursday. Rice looked exhausted after being ill last week too. We really need to play at a high tempo against these. Big test for Chambers against Antonio too.

• Like 1

As long as these boys have still got the energy, this is our best team at the moment. West Ham will also be hungover from their Spain trip (hopefully) and we’ve got enough quality on the bench to change the game or kill the game. 

20 hours ago, TRO said:

He has a powerful combination in his persona

A burning desire to succeed and a boat load of Humility, to boot.

Its hard to find that, in an individual.....but its so bloody engaging.

Naahhh. He's just Purslow mate. 

• Haha 3