Pre Match Thread

maqroll

42 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Was a light hearted reference to our somewhat streaky form. 3 games ago we seemed to be predictable and stoppable.

Much to my surprise and delight we have tweaked our system and now look like a very good side again.

oh.

I think inconsistency is part of the journey of improvement....we have players, playing for us now, that won't be here in a consistent Villa Team....hence strengthening in the summer.....some exisiting players will naturally improve and step up to the plate, but some won't.

We just have to enjoy the good games, the wins and the moments......When we find Authority in our play, keep the clean sheets rolling and the goals going in.....The streakiness will dissappear.

• Like 1

I’d go for the same team again, I don’t think we can legitimately change a side that’s done so well.

I wasn’t sure Chambers would be any more than a bench warmer this season, but he’s done very well and more than enough to keep his place, as much as I love Konsa.

The only change I’d contemplate would be Sanson for JJ. 

• Like 3

Tough game today, it's not often a team wins 4 in a row, unless you are Liverpool or Man City. 

I'll take a draw today. 

Sanson for Ramsey is the only change I'd make as don't want JJ burning out. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, alreadyexists said:

I’d go for the same team again, I don’t think we can legitimately change a side that’s done so well.

I wasn’t sure Chambers would be any more than a bench warmer this season, but he’s done very well and more than enough to keep his place, as much as I love Konsa.

The only change I’d contemplate would be Sanson for JJ. 

Me too but I'd probably stick to starting a winning team. What I want to see today even more though is to see Gerrard beat Moyes, to have a sound strategy that works for West ham regardless of personnel. 

• Like 1

West Ham are having a good season but they’re far from invincible at home. So far they’ve been beaten by Man Utd, Brentford, Southampton and Leeds. With draws against Brighton, Newcastle and Palace. 

They have also beaten Spurs, Liverpool and Chelsea to be fair though. They’re doing well but not unbeatable. Id take a draw, but believe we can win. 

• Like 2

A good test today of where we are at and hopeful we can get at least a point.

Pleased Bowen is out as he always seemed to play well against us (and many other teams to be fair).

We have to limit the number of set pieces we give away today as West Ham will surely have an advantage in the air.

Come on Villa - let's get 4 wins in a row. UTV!!

• Like 1

Spam had a tough one in the week, bound to have took a bit out of them, an they are looking a bit tired lately. If we win this we are on our way. Sanson all day long for JJ, run emm ragged.

Hate West Ham, hate them, an there shit stadium, comon the lads!!

Can't be having West bloody ham doing so well in the league. It feels strange and unnatural and I don't like it.

Beating these on their own turf would be such a great statement of intent and would hopefully bring them back down to earth a bit. 

And I can see it happening. We have better players than West ham. Now we are starting to play like it. 

1-2 Villa. Ollie and coutinho 

Edited by TheMelvillan
  • Haha 1

Can't see Wet Spam maintaining their impressive season, under JG and MON when we were in Europe we'd fall away around Feb/March/April time and hopefully Wet Spam are the same. 2-1 to us after going a goal down, Coutinho and a 1st goal from Sanson. UTV

West Ham away should be a very difficult game and I’m not expecting us to continue the winning run. But we have nothing to fear quality wise.

It’s not even impossible for us to finish ahead of them or at least close. A few months ago, everyone was talking about how Moyes was taking them into the Champions League while we were about to get relegated.

Edited by VillaParkAvenue