Match Thread: Newcastle v Villa

limpid

7 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

We seem to be getting worse under SG. This mini pre-season didn't seem to go too well. 

I don't think I can recall a time where Villa have ever had a midseason break to reinvigorate the squad that actually achieved anything.

You knew as soon as they said they'd spent this break working on things that it was going to achieve the sum total of **** all.

• Like 1

Gerrard should've gone back to a rigid back four at half time. Neither full back have done anything good going forward. He should've taken off JJ and brought on Ings to play down the middle. Got Buendia and Watkins playing out wide and helping out their full back. That would allow Luiz and McGinn to stay more central and get a foothold in the game. They could then get more of the ball and get it to Coutinho more. 

1 minute ago, ThunderPower_14 said:

How many times has Cash come into the box with heaps of space and just done absolutely nothing with it

It’s every game with him, always either hits the 1st man or over hits it, he’s crap going forward for an ex winger

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, sidcow said:

Watching that free kick back I blame that on MacPhee. Some weird avant-garde defensive position with Buendia.  Should have just had a bigger wall.  Not at all sure what that was all about. 

Avant Garde :crylaugh:

2 minutes ago, thunderball said:

We needed a manager change, but dare I say it: Smith has done better with less at Norwich than Gerrard here in the same period. 

Gerrard hasn't got the players 

I mean what's that Coutinho ever done ?

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, nick76 said:

To who? Watkins isn’t a route one player…Dan Burn will just mop them up.

I wasn’t being serious, it was a reaction to losing every battle in the middle so far, plus not being able to pass it out from our centre halves.