Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

7 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

Just on the Wolves price comparison - my understanding is that Wolves have a really strange deal with Castore where Wolves manufacture the kit, it's not a Castore product in the truest sense, it's a Wolves product with a Castore badge.

Castore still make the Pro range so the prices on those should be very similar to ours if not the same - but the ones that Wolves are selling a lot cheaper than ours are from a factory that Wolves have found - I think it's fair to assume from the price difference that it's from a factory that Wolves have found that makes things cheap.

That's not to say ours aren't ridiculously, stupidly expensive, but they're not the same product as the Wolves one, regardless of the badges and the label - ours should be more like the Newcastle and Rangers prices.

Also, in terms of pricing, Villa don't set prices, Castore sets a price that they sell at to the retailer (in our case Fanatics) and they will have a RRP, but the retailer can then add on something for themselves if they wish. Our kit and apparel sales are entirely outsourced (I think Fanatics just pay us a lump sum each year or a percentage based on sales targets) so when you buy a shirt from Villa Park, the money goes to Fanatics, not to the club - as such the club don't have any real say in pricing.

Castore are known for discounting their products - and the products are often discounted pretty quickly after release, so hopefully we'll see reductions before too long - however, it'll be Fanatics in this case who decide whether they want to apply a reduction at the point of sale.

Thanks, as I thought. The club is only responsible for making these deals in the first place.

• Like 1

Genuine question but does any grown adult actually buy any club merchandise, think the last top I bought was 34 years ago. It had Mita Copiers on the front. Not knocking but I don’t get adults having a meltdown about kits etc.

2 minutes ago, WHY said:

Genuine question but does any grown adult actually buy any club merchandise, think the last top I bought was 34 years ago. It had Mita Copiers on the front. Not knocking but I don’t get adults having a meltdown about kits etc.

yes.

19 minutes ago, WHY said:

Well you only have to go to VP on match day to answer that question. It’s a walking advert for the club shop. 

15 minutes ago, WHY said:

I have been an adult officially for fifty years now. I, over those fifty years,  have bought, four Villa shirts and a Latvija shirt, the latter not being strictly club merchandise. Bought three of the Villa shirts in last two years. Never could afford the stuff in my youth.  The answer to your question is "Yes", but in my case not much.

45 minutes ago, WHY said:

Yes, but I'm getting to the stage where I lean more towards the training and more casual/formal gear ( Polos, Jackets etc ).

It's always good to have a couple of kits though, even if I only wear them in the living room or office, alone, on match day 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN

55 minutes ago, WHY said:

I don’t buy Villa merch, however I do buy Bucks merch… I prefer the style of basketball gear over footy stuff. I feel like wearing Villa gear always brings a bit of bad luck. It’s also the reason why I no longer watch our games. 

Edited by Tayls

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yes, but I'm getting to the stage where I lean more towards the training and more casual/formal gear ( Polos, Jackets etc ).

It's always good to have a couple of kits though, even if I only wear them in the living room or office, alone, on match day 😂

I buy one every year and wear it every match I watch, which is either alone or just with Mrs MNVillan in our living room. Gives me a sense of connection to the club, even though it’s 9 AM local time and I’m thousands of miles away from VP.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

10 hours ago, WHY said:

Yes but only really to play footy in. However I have bought 4 different Large Kappa shirts and 3 still have the labels on them.  Plan was to lose the gut so they fit. Still hasn’t happened, 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Yes but only really to play footy in. However I have bought 4 different Large Kappa shirts and 3 still have the labels on them.  Plan was to lose the gut so they fit. Still hasn’t happened, 

Same, I play football once a week, used to be 3 times a week, and still work out at home and on very very rare occasions go running 

I'll wear villa gear for pretty much all of that, I've got last year's Pro shirt, 3 training tops and a jacket, would have bought more if their stock levels were better 

I don't wear it round the supermarket or town but I do still wear it 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, villa4europe said:

Same, I play football once a week, used to be 3 times a week, and still work out at home and on very very rare occasions go running 

I'll wear villa gear for pretty much all of that, I've got last year's Pro shirt, 3 training tops and a jacket, would have bought more if their stock levels were better 

I don't wear it round the supermarket or town but I do still wear it 

I bought 3 training tops on sale for footy but also wear them on match days.. Really happy with them and the sizes. The shirts not so much.

13 hours ago, WHY said:

The same as others I generally get the training tops to train in (I also usually like them better).

Also have a large Kappa shirt that I am too chunky but funky to fit in. 

14 hours ago, WHY said:

'yes, most years since forever I've mostly got the home tops, this year though I splashed out I also got the away tops for myself and the kids, also got shorts for one oof the kids kids - washed them once, the sponsor strip is peeling off my shirt and the badge has come off the shorts. I've complained to the shop (Fanatics) and have heard nothing back. So don't think I'll be bothering from now on.

My favourite is the Nike Acorns, I still wear it.

59 minutes ago, bielesibub said:

'yes, most years since forever I've mostly got the home tops, this year though I splashed out I also got the away tops for myself and the kids, also got shorts for one oof the kids kids - washed them once, the sponsor strip is peeling off my shirt and the badge has come off the shorts. I've complained to the shop (Fanatics) and have heard nothing back. So don't think I'll be bothering from now on.

My favourite is the Nike Acorns, I still wear it.

Did you do it at 30 degrees or below and no softener? 

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

yip kind of (we use the Bold tabs), it was only the one shirt and the shorts. I've got 3 lads who all have the same shirt.

15 hours ago, OutByEaster? said:

I think it's fair to assume from the price difference that it's from a factory that Wolves have found that makes things cheap.

If it's the same factory they used last season then that would not be fair to assume.

If it's the same factory as last season the fair assumption will be that Wolves are selling direct to consumer rather than via a retailer and passing on the saving to fans instead of bumping their own profits.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

56 minutes ago, Ingram85 said:

This Guy Knows His Stuff GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

Remember folks; if it's only a partial peel, you can always re-activate the adhesive and re-attach the print with an iron and a piece of paper.