Aston Villa Kits 22/23

Demitri_C

18 hours ago, WHY said:

Genuine question but does any grown adult actually buy any club merchandise, think the last top I bought was 34 years ago. It had Mita Copiers on the front. Not knocking but I don’t get adults having a meltdown about kits etc.

It’s getting rarer and rarer. I think the last bit of merch I bought from Villa was made by Macron. Bought a polo shirt off my Norwegian team last year, first bit I bought off them in years. 

I just don’t really wear colours for games anymore and can’t really find anywhere else to wear it, and with it being ridiculously over priced for the quality it offers (aesthetically as well as technically) I really can’t justify it. 

On 27/06/2022 at 23:01, OutByEaster? said:

Just on the Wolves price comparison - my understanding is that Wolves have a really strange deal with Castore where Wolves manufacture the kit, it's not a Castore product in the truest sense, it's a Wolves product with a Castore badge.

Castore still make the Pro range so the prices on those should be very similar to ours if not the same - but the ones that Wolves are selling a lot cheaper than ours are from a factory that Wolves have found - I think it's fair to assume from the price difference that it's from a factory that Wolves have found that makes things cheap.

That's not to say ours aren't ridiculously, stupidly expensive, but they're not the same product as the Wolves one, regardless of the badges and the label - ours should be more like the Newcastle and Rangers prices.

Also, in terms of pricing, Villa don't set prices, Castore sets a price that they sell at to the retailer (in our case Fanatics) and they will have a RRP, but the retailer can then add on something for themselves if they wish. Our kit and apparel sales are entirely outsourced (I think Fanatics just pay us a lump sum each year or a percentage based on sales targets) so when you buy a shirt from Villa Park, the money goes to Fanatics, not to the club - as such the club don't have any real say in pricing.

Castore are known for discounting their products - and the products are often discounted pretty quickly after release, so hopefully we'll see reductions before too long - however, it'll be Fanatics in this case who decide whether they want to apply a reduction at the point of sale.

As long as this deal lasts I have absolutely no qualms about buying knockoff kit from Ali Express for 20% of the price if there’s anything I actually like 

• Like 1

On 27/06/2022 at 22:10, WHY said:

Genuine question but does any grown adult actually buy any club merchandise, think the last top I bought was 34 years ago. It had Mita Copiers on the front. Not knocking but I don’t get adults having a meltdown about kits etc.

I bought last season's away shirt when it got discounted to £15 at the end of the season. 

It's decent quality and I fit it OK so no complaints at that price - I use it to play football and go to the gym. 

But generally no, football kits are ludicrously expensive. 

I have just noticed that Villa are offering 2.2% cash back through top cashback.

Now this might not sound a lot, but, as the old lady who piddled in the sea said 'every little bit helps'

So if anyone has an account with them and buys on line make sure you go through your TCB account.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

Has anyone got any of the training gear yet? If so, what is the Castore sizing like (better than Kappas!?) and what does the quality feel like?

Given we've not signed anyone since the launch, my guess is they're still waiting for the first training kit sale to fund our opening bid for RLC.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Much better than what Castore came up with. I'd buy this as soon as it was available (so probably around October).

17 hours ago, alreadyexists said:

Has anyone got any of the training gear yet? If so, what is the Castore sizing like (better than Kappas!?) and what does the quality feel like?

That Dan Bardell fella put up a few things on twitter about sizes..

"Been down to shop and got a few bits. Sizing a lot more true than kappa. Picked up training t shirt, shorts and 1/4 zip jacket, all medium and all fit perfectly (I’m 6ft 1). Good quality but shame to see the rubberised badges go."

• Thanks 1