Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

I think today's transfer activity whilst maybe somewhat underwhelming in of itself, is a good sign for anyone hoping that Gerrard is soon to be sacked, as I'm convinced we would have strengthened more so over the last few days if he was definitely staying. Funds being held back for potential new manager in January.

• Like 2

Just now, useless said:

I think today's transfer activity whilst maybe somewhat underwhelming in of itself, is a good sign for anyone hoping that Gerrard is soon to be sacked, as I'm convinced we would have strengthened more so over the last few days if he was definitely staying. Funds being held back for potential new manager in January.

This is my take too really. To go from having £30m to spend on Sarr to suddenly spending £12m on Dendoncker and a loan for Bednarek doesn’t scream full backing.

1 minute ago, useless said:

Well yes but the same was said about Deano last year. Backed Gerrard in Jan and here we are. Not looking like the best way to run a football club aspiring for top half is it? 

So disappointed that we haven’t strengthened our midfield…

I thought we were better than the signings we’ve made today too…

We’re going to continue to struggle under this manager.

Sack him, and it will be a huge relief… only way to salvage this season… 

• Like 1

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

My ex was always holding shirts too. She looked like a hippopotamus compared to the woman in that photo but, wow, she could hold a shirt.

Oh I meant my ex loved being held by another woman and footballer :( :( 

• Haha 1

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

I got more likes for posting a picture of Paige Spiranac this evening than I did for any of my comments. Is that a reflection of me or of you guys 🤣

After once googling what ‘swole’ meant after reading it for the first time on this forum, I must admit that I was unsure if I should search the internet once more.

Let me tell you, putting that particular person’s name into your search engine of choice brings up a world of delights. 

I wish you all a good night. 

• Like 1

Started amazing. Felt it would build. It didn’t. Keeping Dougie, huge in the context. 5/10 after the promises. 

Side note, find it weird not much comments from the higher ups on what’s happened today. 

We still need a new boss either way. It won’t change.  

13 minutes ago, ender4 said:

Was a decent window overall:

Signed:
Kamara
Carlos
Augustinsson
Bednarek (loan)
Dendonckner
Young (again)
Olsen (made perm)
Coutinho (made perm)

And sold:
Trezuguet
El Ghazi
Traore (loan)
Hause (loan)
Davis (loan)

Just need a new manager now and all will be well again.

Kamara - Great
Carlos - Not a fan regardless of the injury
Augustinsson - Meh whatever.
Bednarek (loan) - Don't feel like he is a step up from Hause and definitely not on the other 3
Dendonckner - Why? Just why? If we sign a midfielder it needs to be better than most of our current midfielder which he isn't.
Young (again) - Shouldn't have the OAP in the team.
Olsen (made perm) - Fine
Coutinho (made perm) - I wouldn't have signed him even under the attractive terms