Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 minute ago, GingerCollins29 said:

Why didnt we sign Sergio Reguilion??

Yes, thanks for posting, I am very happy for seeing that pic of him holding up the shirt. I have a sneaky suspicion I know why he signed 

Edited by Peter Griffin
  • Like 3

6 minutes ago, andym said:

Re: NSWE, I think they would probably say the squad has had continuous, heavy investment over the last few years, and at some point someone needs to start actually properly managing them.

The point of replacing Smith with Gerrard was that he was meant to be able to do that.

Notwithstanding that, gerrard was allowed good money on a left back who doesnt seem much better than the one we had, 17 mil on coutinho when the previous summer they'd spent big on buendia and bailey. He was backed with carlos and kamara, and being lucky enough to get the latter on a free doesnt make him worth less to the team.

You think if gerrard wanted another big money CM signing Purslow wouldnt have convinced the owners to sanction it? We are starting McGinn and Ramsey alongside Kamara all the time because thats what he wants.

Ultimately you need to be judging the managers backing and subsequent performance based on the players that have been made available, and Gerrard is underperforming.

Looking simply at net spend can be deceptive as huge individual sales and free transfers can skew. Like Liverpool fans claiming their success came on a shoestring budget because they managed to sell Coutinho for loads and somehow sold lots of cast offs to Bournmouth for big money, ignoring the record fees for goalkeepers and centrebacks they were spending.

The board have probably just told Purslow to sort this shit out and not give much money to spend while he's doing it. No good spending 100 mill, if there's a new manager coming in, which I'm positive there will be.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

That…shirt…is so…eye catching. I can’t take my eyes off the…lines. How big do you think those…lines…are? I better close the tab before my gf sees me looking at the…lines. Oh god.

I just noticed that there is a girl in the photo, the lines of the shirt match her lines perfectly, probably why I missed her when I first saw the photo

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

But to make room for attacking 8's, we'd need to ditch the 10's and the wingers.

A 4-2-3-1 with Kamara and Dendonker behind McGinn, Ramsey and Gallagher with Watkins up front works.

Forget MCGINN!!!!! …… LUIZ needs to play!!! … you think bloody arsenal and atletico and all these teams are interested for no reason…. Those teams are not interested in any other of our players bar kamara so why on earth are we not having him as a starter

• Thanks 1

6 minutes ago, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

That…shirt…is so…eye catching. I can’t take my eyes off the…lines. How big do you think those…lines…are? I better close the tab before my gf sees me looking at the…lines. Oh god.

What shirt?

• Haha 1

22 minutes ago, Made In Aston said:

I see a lot of disappointment over the lack of transfer activity. But there were a few comments along the lines of it being an indication whether the board are going to back or sack Gerrard. By that logic Gerrard is definitely getting sacked. 

No chance. Spurred on by Stevie G's desperate plea for mercy Purslow has sanctioned Dendoncker and Bednarek signings purely  so that we can really park the bus on Saturday with 5 centre backs in a 7-1-1 formation (sneaking in an extra keeper under the ref's nose).  Kamara will be left to do all the work in midfield with McGinn foraging up front alone. 

Stevie G will gain a stay of execution for the hard fought 0-0 draw.  Erling Haaland's head will explode in frustration (looks like it's  bound to happen at some point) and Pep's mind will be so blown by the tactical innovation  on display that he will  tear up his coaching manual and start again from scratch.

2 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Forget MCGINN!!!!! …… LUIZ needs to play!!! … you think bloody arsenal and atletico and all these teams are interested for no reason…. Those teams are not interested in any other of our players bar kamara so why on earth are we not having him as a starter

McGinn who's he?

Anyway that girl with Regulon.......😆

• Haha 1

18 minutes ago, WHY said:

I don’t know how Sky Sports have managed to find 4 of the most unlikeable people to present their transfer news, the 2 blokes are proper 🛎 ends. 

why are they harping on about a guy signing from one french club to another french club who may or may not have failed his medical just because at one point leeds were interested?

• Like 1