Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

9 hours ago, paul514 said:

I know you are taking the piss but I would have him for 20m.

He has been signed for a ridiculous fee and asked to do things he can’t do…. 

That isn’t his fault.

Feck me. Maguire is crap. No Utd cast offs please. Plus he’s an ugly sod.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Rustibrooks said:

A few people have been talking about Ryan Kent on twitter, I don’t know much about him apart from he’s rapid? Anyone got any insight on him and can he be effective in the Prem

spacer.png

2 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

spacer.png

😅 Well I did some research and I'm definitely not on board with Kent lol, especially as an alternative to Sarr. Kent has pace and decent dribbling but it seems that's all he has, doesn't seem to have much of an end product.

Kent is a decent player. Quick and can be very effective. Loses the ball quite alot but only because he tries to make things happen and isn't scared to attack defenders.

Played very well in Europe as well as domestically

No idea how he would get on in England. (I don't hold the same snobbery as some about getting players from the Scottish League. There's a reason clubs employ teams of scouts to scour the globe for players - it's because some players don't always take the direct route to the premier League and ply their trade in lower calibre leagues til they get their chance)

In saying that I imagine it is probably just lazy Twitter speculation anyway. 

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, TheMelvillan said:

Kent is a decent player. Quick and can be very effective. Loses the ball quite alot but only because he tries to make things happen and isn't scared to attack defenders.

Bertie?

• Like 3

If Chelsea get Gordon I wonder if we could then get Hudson-Odoi as an alternative to Sarr, we obvously wanted Sarr for a reason, so presumably there's a good chance we will be looking for an alternative, Madueke could be another possiblity, but would have to factor in that he's injured, also we've had past interest in Diaby.

Could be a very busy last week of the window for us, Carlos or Hause replacement, new No.8, and an attacker, Gerrard said the club are looking at all three areas, and we know we were close to signing an attacker.

Also should be a few out goings hopefully, for there and our good, we've got a lot of youngsters than need loans as well.

2 hours ago, Rustibrooks said:

A few people have been talking about Ryan Kent on twitter, I don’t know much about him apart from he’s rapid? Anyone got any insight on him and can he be effective in the Prem

There has been talk of this ever since Gerrard joined.  Its lazy journalism and I think we would have signed him by now if we were interested. 

• Like 2