Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Are Forest the new arbitrary team we just pick out as a point of comparison for no reason? 

If Villa have a good, successful season then I really don't care what other teams have better ones.

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, Indigo said:

Are Forest the new arbitrary team we just pick out as a point of comparison for no reason? 

If Villa have a good, successful season then I really don't care what other teams have better ones.

They will be this seasons Brentford/ Newcastle.

If they are ever so much as above us temporarily in the table on a live match day there will be hell to pay haha.

• Like 2

19 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

They will be this seasons Brentford/ Newcastle.

If they are ever so much as above us temporarily in the table on a live match day there will be hell to pay haha.

I know the season ended as a bit of a damp squib but it was the same with Leeds in the season they came up. Even before the wheels came off us a bit and we were having a great season up to that point it was apparently lessened somewhat because Leeds were having a good season of their own, which despite Villa having no control over outside of two games against them was unacceptable lol.

Might be controversial but I'd take Villa finishing 4th this season even if you told me that it meant Forest would end up 3rd.

• Like 1

The one strength Forest have is Steve Cooper, knows how to build a team and win games. Jury is still out in Gerrard doing that, he still seems to be driven by forcing square pegs into round holes.

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Indigo said:

I know the season ended as a bit of a damp squib but it was the same with Leeds in the season they came up. Even before the wheels came off us a bit and we were having a great season up to that point it was apparently lessened somewhat because Leeds were having a good season of their own, which despite Villa having no control over outside of two games against them was unacceptable lol.

Might be controversial but I'd take Villa finishing 4th this season even if you told me that it meant Forest would end up 3rd.

I've got s soft spot for Forest anyway.

" Proper " great old traditional club, European Cup winners and all that.

This will probably change depending on our season and events. lol

• Like 1

1 hour ago, nick76 said:

Excellent, I qualify, I was born there.  As for the Air Force, I’m not so sure, I knew a lot of kids that got high when I was young so you probably mean that 😂

me too....lived there (CB) for 30 odd years.

• Like 1

I for one hope that Forest stay up and re-establish themselves as a Premier League side. Doubt they pose too much of a threat to us this season though. They will do well to finish 17th.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Indigo said:

I've read this line more than once and I can't work out if it's a joke or not.

Sorry what have Forest suddenly done that makes people think they are serious top 8 threats? 

So far all I can see is they have bought the football equivalent of Jake Paul and lost their two best players from their promotion? 

• Like 3

2 hours ago, VillaHatesMe said:

It's far more likely than Forest beating us home and away, yes.

Thats the spirit! 

• Haha 1

9 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

Sorry what have Forest suddenly done that makes people think they are serious top 8 threats? 

So far all I can see is they have bought the football equivalent of Jake Paul and lost their two best players from their promotion? 

Its peak VT. I've read the same bollocks about Leeds as well. Other teams managers and signings are brilliant and ours are shit and we need loads of new players! 

Edited by Xela
  • Like 3