Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Seems like they've intelligently done some good business at hefty enough fees, and are now ready to hand us the leftover scraps of their budget 🙄

Shite for us, but power play by them, given the circumstances.

Wonder if a hefty loan fee with a buy option/obligation would work?

I think they've done very very well.

They weren't like us who at least had Grealish, McGinn, Guilbert + Hause as passable PL players.

Forest had a 21 year old winger as their only realistic PL player. They're having to buy everyone else, it's barely possible for them. I think they've got a sniff of staying up but will take some kickings.

If this season doesn't go well, Cooper and their director of football as a pair could be worth a look I think.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

I can guarantee you there are more clubs interested in Keinan than just Forest. 

5439E838-2739-44D3-B3D8-6A78E67F6D78.gif.cad1ee49ffa53355ee804c29ca82fed2.gif

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 hours ago, thabucks said:

I also like the look of Andrea Pinamonti if we are going for Italian strikers … 

He is about to permanently sign for a newly promoted Serie A team, hardly top level

9 hours ago, MrBlack said:

They'd largely got the best out of those players before selling them. What happened after couldn't be scripted, but looking at how they performed after being sold you wouldn't say that the selling clubs missed them.  Also exemplified by what the clubs have gone on to achieve without them

Absolutely - Bale went on to win just three league titles and 5 Champions Leagues, while without him Spurs soared to as high as third or fourth in the Premier League one time! ;)

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, Wes said:

El Ghazi is playing with the youth teams against Hednesford tonight according to reports on twitter, so clearly has not travelled to Australia. Others who have been touted as leaving such as Keinan Davis and Guilbert are both in Brisbane, so it would seem Anwar's move away is either more guaranteed to happen or more imminent.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He is about to permanently sign for a newly promoted Serie A team, hardly top level

Not speaking to his overall quality, but Monza isn't your typical newly-promoted Serie A club. It's owned by former Italian Prime Minister and AC Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi. They're spending like a club that plans to stick.

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Absolutely - Bale went on to win just three league titles and 5 Champions Leagues, while without him Spurs soared to as high as third or fourth in the Premier League one time! ;)

OK, I admit, after checking his stats,  he scored and played way more than I recall or knew.

Rest of my reply still stands though. We can't survive selling our best talents, which will be forced on us if we don't get success. Buying experienced heads to fill the blatant gaps we have in our squad isn't a bad thing at the moment. 

8 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

I never realised Nathan Collins went to Wolves?

must have a Portuguese passport.