Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Newcastle linked to Osimhen at Napoli, although the player is said to prefer a club in the Champions League. If Newcastle do sign him it’ll certainly make our attempts to get into Europe that bit more difficult.

I’m still intrigued as to who we are going to sign as the links have properly dried up over the last week.

5 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Newcastle linked to Osimhen at Napoli, although the player is said to prefer a club in the Champions League. If Newcastle do sign him it’ll certainly make our attempts to get into Europe that bit more difficult.

I’m still intrigued as to who we are going to sign as the links have properly dried up over the last week.

I think there’s zero chance of that happening, 70+ million for him and he’ll likely want European football  

• Like 1

Random one that came to my mind but I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see us move for Emre Can, or more to the point I'm surprised we haven't been tenuously linked to him at least. Good age but has lots of experience and versatility, played with Gerrard and in an area of the pitch Villa are apparently looking to add to. Doesn't seem hugely in favour at Dortmund either as he's mostly been used as a kind of utility man this season.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, IrishVilla10 said:

Orrrrrr saw some good performances from him and have seen his defensive stats, backed up by the fact he’s been signed by one of the best managers in the world to play champions league football. Hopefully conte hasn’t looked at his goals and assists 

You do know top managers sign players that arent as good as they think regardless of stats

41 minutes ago, jacketspuds said:

Is that the same link that said Osimhen had signed with Newcastle in May? 😁

32 minutes ago, RicRic said:

Sorry why is LB a priority when we just signed a highly rated one this year can we focus on getting a back up for that position later on in the window … CM is priority!!!!

Because our highly rated one has already had 2 (I think) periods of injury since we signed him, we aim to be playing more cup matches and our only back up is Young. It’s an area that needs strengthening. Doesn’t mean they can’t still address the mf aswell.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Indigo said:

Random one that came to my mind but I wouldn't be hugely surprised to see us move for Emre Can, or more to the point I'm surprised we haven't been tenuously linked to him at least. Good age but has lots of experience and versatility, played with Gerrard and in an area of the pitch Villa are apparently looking to add to. Doesn't seem hugely in favour at Dortmund either as he's mostly been used as a kind of utility man this season.

Still only 28 feels like he’s been around for ages.

1 hour ago, RicRic said:

Sorry why is LB a priority when we just signed a highly rated one this year can we focus on getting a back up for that position later on in the window … CM is priority!!!!

We don't work on one transfer at a time and we can have more than one priority.

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 4

10 minutes ago, Rolta said:

We don't work on one transfer at a time and we can have more than one priority.

Spot on. Does anyone really believe the owners and senior management at Villa are only capable of handling one issue at a time?

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, nick76 said:

Struggling to think of a better quality league in the world than the Premier League.  Arguably the two best club teams in the world at the moment despite not winning the Champions League and then even us as an example at 14th, yes 14th in the league has massive quality throughout it's squad and rich owners.  I cant think of any other league that has some of the best teams in the world and still have massive quality teams at 14th in the league.  Of course the Premier League is overhyped but it's the best league in the world on a number of factors including quality.

You won’t win this debate mate ;)

• Like 1