Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

1 hour ago, macandally said:

I would argue the problem we have had is our decent players have to play virtually every game and that impacts on performance levels.

The speed and demands of the game have changed, the top 6 can rotate players without significant drop in quality or performances, plus it gives others better recovery which enables them to deliver higher levels of performance when they are bought back into the team.

If we improve the squad AND Gerrard is confident to use it I would suggest our consistency levels would likely improve across the team, but we are not there yet.

Agree with that although I think the way we improve the squad is always to target upgrades to the first 11. If we start bringing on the likes of McGinn and Watkins after 60 mins rather than starting them every week, we'll know we've got a strong squad to compete with the top 7.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Zatman said:

He is better than Bissouma who was the weakest of the Mali centre midfielders 

So he’s better than Bissouma who has been impressing in the Premier League because he has been ripping up the Austrian League? 

Edited by Vive_La_Villa

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

He’s better than Bissouma who has been impressing in the Premier League because he has been ripping up the Austrian League? 

You even seen him play?

Edited by Sam-AVFC

21 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Nope, just don’t get how you can tell one player is better than another when one plays in the Premier League the other in the Austrian League.

They play for the same national team. One Bissouma didn't get into for 4 years before 2022 by the way!

10 minutes ago, Sam-AVFC said:

They play for the same national team. One Bissouma didn't get into for 4 years before 2022 by the way!

Maybe he is better than Bissouma and better than all our midfielders. It just amazes me how our our Villa fan scouting network can be so confident of this. 

1 hour ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

So he’s better than Bissouma who has been impressing in the Premier League because he has been ripping up the Austrian League? 

You do know the Premier League is the most hyped league in the world but not tge best quality

FWIW Bissouma wasn't anything special just some of our fans needed a hero like they did before with Philip Billing and Leroy Fer

5 minutes ago, Zatman said:

You do know the Premier League is the most hyped league in the world but not tge best quality

FWIW Bissouma wasn't anything special just some of our fans needed a hero like they did before with Philip Billing and Leroy Fer

Conte seems to think differently. But I guess what does he know?

Also pretty sure the Premier League is a lot stronger than the Austrian League.

Edited by Vive_La_Villa
  • Like 2

3 minutes ago, Vive_La_Villa said:

Conte seems to think differently. But I guess what does he know?

Also pretty sure the Premier League is a lot stronger than the Austrian League.

It is but Haaland, Sadio Mane prove its not a bad league. RB Salzburg knocked out Sevilla last season in Europe but apparently to some Diego Carlos is automatically fix our defence 

1 hour ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Too short 

Kante says hi @ 1.68m … though TBF Camara @ 1.74m & Tyler Adams @ 1.75m - I guess if Luiz stays aren’t the answer… 

Edited by thabucks

9 hours ago, maqroll said:

The guy you dismiss as "Ted Lasso" salvaged their Premier League status after Bielsa put them in a deep hole. Honestly the Ted Lasso thing is so lazy and boring now.

I’d wear a Ted Lasso comparison as a badge of honour anyway. 

• Like 1

“Villa can land their own Darwin Nunez in signing Alfredo Morelos” … how about p**s off that irritates me so much when i read reports like that , here take the scraps theyre good enough for your club, sorry i dont care about current standings but aston villa are a gigantic club yes my club which i love to the bone now stop degrading us, now take your morelos and stuff him where the sun dont shine 😂

5 hours ago, VillaFaninLondon said:

Look, I'm not saying we don't have good players, but we also have several players in our starting 11 that fall short of the consistent quality we need to move rapidly up the table (Watkins and McGinn being two that spring to mind instantly, as well as Mings who makes too many mistakes). 

As it stands, we will probably improve a bit on last season (not too hard given how much we flopped), maybe by 3 or 4 places higher, but I don't think we'll be close to the top 7 and probably be at least 10 points behind the top 6. Football is a strange game though, West Ham went from finishing 16th to finishing 6th, Villa may surprise me and do really well with Bailey scoring 10+, Watkins and Ings getting 30 goals between them, Buendia and Coutinho getting 10+ assists each, and our new signings Kamara and Carlos being the signings of the season, but the stars would really have to align for all that to happen.

The hope is that management realise where our weaknesses are and go and address them before our first game of the season - my concern is there are absolutely no links to any quality players from any decent sources which suggests we are trying to move players our the door before we commit to buying any more players.

Yeah mings and mcginn but watkins would retain his position but I understand your point