Summer Transfer Window 2022

Loxstock92

Just now, PeterSw said:

Pretty much an ITKon twitter who seems to call an awful lot of things weeks/months ahead of other people. Called Mane to Bayern, Lukaku to Inter and Jesus enviable move to Arsenal way ahead of others

I'm sure she called Grealish going to City nearly 6 months before? And the initial loan for Coutinho too.

• Thanks 1

8 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Yeah I saw the speculation was " rubbished" due to him being a " winger ".

However I then came across a couple of Podcasts, articles and breakdowns which actually make him seem more like a very versatile EMI Buendia.

Can play all across midfield /forward areas, tenacious, defensive pressure etc and technically good.

He's a bit of a midget though lol.

Sorry: " Little person "

He is a versatile midfielder and played last season mostly as a RM in a 4 4 2 system. He has very high defensive stats, with pressures etc. He's played lots of games centrally and also interestingly lots of games at LM so would likely slot into one of the 8 roles and would be happy playing either side I assume.

• Thanks 1

39 minutes ago, PeterSw said:

Pretty much an ITKon twitter who seems to call an awful lot of things weeks/months ahead of other people. Called Mane to Bayern, Lukaku to Inter and Jesus enviable move to Arsenal way ahead of others

She a journo? Agent? 

2 hours ago, sne said:

I get that CB is no longer a priority for us but I'd still love for us to steal William Saliba from Arsenal if he's not interested in signing a new deal for them. Think he's great and will only get better.

I think with less exposure, we will see a better Tyrone Mings.

I think he had to cover too much.

hopefully he can start imposing himself, when we have corners, too.....should be scoring more goals from set pieces.

• Like 3

Scott Twine has signed for Burnley for an undisclosed fee today. He had looked a very good midfield prospect at MK Dons, I wonder whether we considered giving this 22-year old a place on our bench next season?

• Like 1

1 minute ago, TRO said:

I think with less exposure, we will see a better Tyrone Mings.

I think he had to cover too much.

hopefully he can start imposing himself, when we have corners, too.....should be scoring more goals from set pieces.

I think the system we play will leave the defense and DCM exposed. But Kamara is a good signing and will help.

Saliba only just turned 21 so same age as Nathan Collins who we've been linked to.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sne said:

I think the system we play will leave the defense and DCM exposed. But Kamara is a good signing and will help.

Saliba only just turned 21 so same age as Nathan Collins who we've been linked to.

I tend to agree....but we haven't finished our business yet.

I am not saying we have to copy Liverpool, but they do play Fabinho and Henderson at times, in that holding role........and Man city did play Rodri and Fernandinho at times, too.

We have to think squad, and I'm sure you do.....so we do need another CM with some defensive Nous.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, TRO said:

I tend to agree....but we haven't finished our business yet.

I am not saying we have to copy Liverpool, but they do play Fabinho and Henderson at times, in that holding role........and Man city did play Rodri and Fernandinho at times, too.

We have to think squad, and I'm sure you do.....so we do need another CM with some defensive Nous.

I'd happily play the "double pivot" with Luiz alongside Kamara or with a new CM. Don't think that we will thou.

Might still sign another CM thou.

But the links to Collins comes from somewhere and I'd much rather have Saliba than him.