Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

3 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

Handy squad player to have around.

But I hope we never see him in that high line again. 

Suicide having a player like him play in it. 
I like Chambers and actually think he's been very good when called upon but last night he was really poor. 

Mings, Carlos and Konsa will the three CB's moving forward. Can't see Chambers and Bednarek getting much game time. Still think we may go for another centre half in the Summer albeit I think there are other areas that need addressing. 

Just now, Delphinho123 said:

Suicide having a player like him play in it. 
I like Chambers and actually think he's been very good when called upon but last night he was really poor. 

Mings, Carlos and Konsa will the three CB's moving forward. Can't see Chambers and Bednarek getting much game time. Still think we may go for another centre half in the Summer albeit I think there are other areas that need addressing. 

I hope it was more of a case of Unai having a game plan and seeing if these players can execute it.

I hope that Unai knows better and won’t continue using Chambers or others to employ a high line when they don’t fit the tactic. It would be the same square peg, round hole issue Gerrard had. 

But agreed, we will need more cover because Unai will want to use that high line. He’s used it a lot at Villareal and it is a legitimate tactic that will work better against teams that are not as threatening as United.

2 minutes ago, DJBOB said:

I hope it was more of a case of Unai having a game plan and seeing if these players can execute it.

I hope that Unai knows better and won’t continue using Chambers or others to employ a high line when they don’t fit the tactic. It would be the same square peg, round hole issue Gerrard had. 

But agreed, we will need more cover because Unai will want to use that high line. He’s used it a lot at Villareal and it is a legitimate tactic that will work better against teams that are not as threatening as United.

I hope so, it should be clear to UE now that Olsen, Chambers, Augustinsson, McGinn and maybe even Ings should not be starting.  

1 minute ago, duke313 said:

I hope so, it should be clear to UE now that Olsen, Chambers, Augustinsson, McGinn and maybe even Ings should not be starting.  

Yes agreed. Ings we will need when teams invite us to have the ball, but he’s just not got it when we’re countering. Can’t beat his man in a 1v1 or at least take them on even if Watkins doesn’t necessarily beat them. 

• 1 month later...

For many of his initial appearances I genuinely thought he could be considered as a starter and was annoyed he was dropped so readily. 

However, in recent games, he's looked like one of our weakest players.

I don't think we'll see him much.

We thought we were getting a real steal when we signed him for free, at least we didn't pay Arsenal money for him.

I would try and sell in January or summer, hopefully someone like Bournemouth or a Championship team need a defender.

One mistake in friendly, so let's not go overboard. We also have to remember the playing the ball out carries this risk and quite frankly, Mings and Konsa are just as prone to this kind of mistake, probably more so.

Its why I'd love a proper ball playing RCD to play alongside Carlos, and until Carlos is fit Mings

• 4 weeks later...
Â