Calum Chambers

His Name Is Death

Just now, KevinRichardsonsMoustache said:

Agreed. Isn’t a leader. Him and Bednarek is a suicide note waiting to be written. 

With Olsen, Augustinsson, Bednarek and Calum, we had the defensive pace of stone gargoyles.

• Like 1

He was actually good when he first came though. Like, should have been starting.

Every single game he plays now, he passes a ball to the opposition striker when they press. 

He's signed his exit card imo.

• Like 1

15 hours ago, May-Z said:

He was actually good when he first came though. Like, should have been starting.

Every single game he plays now, he passes a ball to the opposition striker when they press. 

He's signed his exit card imo.

He was playing above his level. This is his true level.

Almost every performance is a horror show. He's so off the pace at this level.

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, The Fun Factory said:

Following the usual Villa career trajectory of looking decent, then average, then poor. What do we do at Bodymoor.

Most of the players fans now want out had a period when they looked good. The only players who've been at Villa for a longer period of time and not got worse are Martinez and maybe Douglas Luiz.

• 3 weeks later...
Just now, Indigo said:

Yeah not surprised, seems to be the forgotten man and the few recent minutes he’s looked a bit average.  Started well but just a complete bench warmer now who probably wants more time and Emery likely has eyes for future targets so makes sense if the right offer comes in seeing as we are refreshing the squad.

• Like 1

Wouldn't be surprised to see him move on - when we signed him he offered cover across a number of positions for pretty minimal outlay.  We now look stronger in almost all of those positions - especially with the emergence of Forever Young and his bid to become the best right back in the country.  Done a good job - and scored an absolute cracker of a goal too. 

2 minutes ago, Indigo said:

If this is true, can we assume then that Dendonker and Kamara will provide cover at centre-back?  Bednarek going is logical, but without Chambers we literally have zero cover without Chambers.  I don't think Carlos will be ready before March, and will really need a full pre-season before he can be expected to be sharp enough to play regularly. 

1 minute ago, nick76 said:

Yeah not surprised, seems to be the forgotten man and the few recent minutes he’s looked a bit average.  Started well but just a complete bench warmer now who probably wants more time and Emery likely has eyes for future targets so makes sense if the right offer comes in seeing as we are refreshing the squad.

I think he was only ever average (which isn't a bad thing) - basically he went from emergency cover at Arsenal to emergency cover for us (except he actually put in a handful of pretty solid performances too, which was a bonus).  Most likely be cover for one of teams in the battle at the bottom - will either help keep them up or be a pretty inexpensive option if they do drop down to stay and help they try to win back promotion next season.

• Like 1

Just now, FLVillan said:

If this is true, can we assume then that Dendonker and Kamara will provide cover at centre-back?  Bednarek going is logical, but without Chambers we literally have zero cover without Chambers.  I don't think Carlos will be ready before March, and will really need a full pre-season before he can be expected to be sharp enough to play regularly. 

I honestly expect to see a tweet, the same, about Dendoncker this week or in the summer.  It looks like players like Chambers and Dendoncker are the kind of players we are willing to listen to offers for.

• Like 1
  • Confused 1

3 minutes ago, nick76 said:

I honestly expect to see a tweet, the same, about Dendoncker this week or in the summer.  It looks like players like Chambers and Dendoncker are the kind of players we are willing to listen to offers for.

Yeah it is hard to see Dendoncker getting much game time next season.  I actually thought that he played better than I expected when he came in and partnered Luiz before Kamara was fully fit.  A huge upgrade on Nakamba.  Still good cover for the rest of this season but will probably be on the move in the summer.

Edited by allani
  • Like 1

Â