Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

15 minutes ago, sne said:

Soumaré was also brought in as backup/rotation to N'didi and Tielemans rather than as a ready starter I'd imagine.

He's apparently started 11 games in the league as well as 5 in Europe for them which is more than I thought. Guess the Tielemans injury helped a bit with that.

Back on topic I would not be surprised if Kamara's next contract lands him below £100k/w regardless of what his agent might be after. Obviously Newcastle might drum that up if they start a bidding war with say Manure.

Yeah I'd agree, I'm not sure it will be below £100k but I think the young lad may be in for some disappointment if he wants £200k (I know that's a made up number on this forum but aaron ramsey at £400k will be the free agent benchmark)

26 minutes ago, MSvillain said:

Yeah I'd agree, I'm not sure it will be below £100k but I think the young lad may be in for some disappointment if he wants £200k (I know that's a made up number on this forum but aaron ramsey at £400k will be the free agent benchmark)

Aaron Ramsey is on 400k at Juve? That's laughable, such an overrated player. He has good close control, good energy and that's about it. Guy constantly misses obvious passes/through balls.

Just now, Tom13 said:

Aaron Ramsey is on 400k at Juve? That's laughable, such an overrated player. He has good close control, good energy and that's about it. Guy constantly misses obvious passes/through balls.

That maybe why he finds himself plying his trade in Scotland now

20 hours ago, Tom13 said:

Jack Wilshere, that's overrated.

Aaron Ramsey, I rate him.

Was superb at times on his day. 

400k per week? Surprised that they give him that, but he was able to influence games.

I'm guessing the end to the era of Vidal, Pirlo, Marchisio and Pogba was in need of addressing. Wouldn't have the slightest clue though. 

Edited by A'Villan

The reason for the insane Ramsey salary was a tax reform that allowed foreign players to keep  a much larger % of their salary after tax in Italy, if they met certain criterias.

Edited by sne
  • Like 1

On 04/02/2022 at 17:34, sne said:

Soumaré was also brought in as backup/rotation to N'didi and Tielemans rather than as a ready starter I'd imagine.

He's apparently started 11 games in the league as well as 5 in Europe for them which is more than I thought. Guess the Tielemans injury helped a bit with that.

Back on topic I would not be surprised if Kamara's next contract lands him below £100k/w regardless of what his agent might be after. Obviously Newcastle might drum that up if they start a bidding war with say Manure.

But some people on here criticised Lange and Smith for not bringing him in as if he was a certain success

On 05/02/2022 at 06:18, Tom13 said:

I've heard this 400k but Juve buff asked about Bentancur mentioned Ramsey on €7.5 million a year and lots of sources back this up so think 400k is a myth as that would be +€20 million

On 04/02/2022 at 17:33, Peter Griffin said:

Completely, I don't blame Ramsey, if someone offered me 400k a week I think I would be persuaded to even play for the Blues 🤣

Not me, I have my standards to maintain. I've always been too good for that lot. :D

Edited by John
  • Like 1

On 07/02/2022 at 10:20, Zatman said:

But some people on here criticised Lange and Smith for not bringing him in as if he was a certain success

Bit like when we didn't sign Rashica, same will happen if we don't land Bissouma.

• Like 1

On 04/02/2022 at 17:33, Peter Griffin said:

Completely, I don't blame Ramsey, if someone offered me 400k a week I think I would be persuaded to even play for the Blues 🤣

You'd just be getting paid in overly inflated HKSE shares with less actual value than monopoly money.

• 2 months later...
2 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

A signing like this would make spending £50m+ on someone like Phillips more palatable  

We can get a world class CB for that much. Pau Torres maybe…. Much rather spend £20m on Mohamed Camara and £0 on Kamara. 

Edited by Sulberto21
  • Like 1

Would be a lovely signing. I've wanted him since the summer so would be happy with him. I had started to get quite excited about the Kondogbia links though, some physicality and nastiness in midfield is sorely needed and I feel as though he would be more certain to make the jump to the Prem quickly than Kamara.

But don't get me wrong. I'd still be very happy with Kamara. Good signing if it comes off

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, Sulberto21 said:

We can get a world class CB for that much. Pau Torres maybe…. Much rather spend £20m on Mohamed Camara and £0 on Kamara. 

Possibly, yeh. I just feel if we’re going to move back to playing with two defensive midfielders, I’d rather have one in there that knows the league. Kamara has a lot of potential, that much is clear, but the Prem is a big step up so he mignt need someone alongside him in there who has prem experience. 

Either way, thank god it looks like we’re finally targeting an important area of the team. 

• Like 1

Â