Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

2 hours ago, Digavilla said:

Yes Kamara will be miss, but maybe Tim can be our Bobby or Mainoo… young gun have no fear and they often make up lack with the lack of experience with enthusiasm, new ideas & creativity.. 

We won't be playing Tim in any significant role. We will simply start Tielemans/McGinn/Luiz midlfield for majority of the games. 

4 minutes ago, Mic09 said:

We won't be playing Tim in any significant role. We will simply start Tielemans/McGinn/Luiz midlfield for majority of the games. 

I love it when information is passed off as fact when, at it's very best, its lightly educated guesswork.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I’m guessing best case scenario he’s back in training September or October? Worst case scenario December or January?

Misses the Euro’s in the summer, so he must be gutted. Wishing him a speedy recovery. 

20 minutes ago, S-Platt said:

He walked off the pitch and down the tunnel to me that means it can't be as bad as Mings so I am hopeful he will be back sooner.

Cruciate ligament injuries do not prevent walking, so I wouldn't read too much into it.

40 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

I love it when information is passed off as fact when, at it's very best, its lightly educated guesswork.

I'm sorry, I honestly don't understand the reply ha! 

What is guesswork? Assuming we play highly experienced first team players for majority of games rather than an inexperienced academy product yet to make a mark in the first team?

If you wish I can bet you that in absence of Kamara, our midfield will most often be Luiz, McGinn and Tielemans. 

Just now, Mic09 said:

I'm sorry, I honestly don't understand the reply ha! 

What is guesswork? Assuming we play highly experienced first team players for majority of games rather than an inexperienced academy product yet to make a mark in the first team?

If you wish I can bet you that in absence of Kamara, our midfield will most often be Luiz, McGinn and Tielemans. 

Your entire sentence is guesswork: "We won't be playing Tim in any significant role. We will simply start Tielemans/McGinn/Luiz midlfield for majority of the games".

As you said in your second sentence above - "assuming". 

I think he will give Tim some minutes and see how he gets on. No bets though as, as stated, it's all guesswork and if I'm going to throw money away, let it be in the pub. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, Don_Simon said:

Your entire sentence is guesswork: "We won't be playing Tim in any significant role. We will simply start Tielemans/McGinn/Luiz midlfield for majority of the games".

I think he will give Tim some minutes and see how he gets on. No bets though as, as stated, it's all guesswork and if I'm going to throw money away, let it be in the pub. 

giphy.gif

• Haha 1

8 hours ago, KentVillan said:

Is it possible that something in our training programme / squad management is making players more vulnerable to this kind of injury? Or is it just pure bad luck?

Mings's and Kamara's ACL injuries were the result of them losing their footing and their entire bodyweight putting pressure on the knee. No training programme or squad management strategy can prevent that from happening. Down to bad luck.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Don_Simon said:

It is guesswork (many opinions are) but it's educated guesswork. I think our 3 midfielders pick themselves with the current injuries.

It is an opinion based forum after all, so I just found it weird you thought an opinion that is most likely to be proven correct worth a sarcastic response! 

Tim might play some minutes. I doubt he starts a game in the upcoming weeks to replace Kamara. I think it's the most likely scenario. 

When is Unai going to be a little more bold in giving the youngsters a chance to impress? Even JJ took time to find his confidence, but, as he showed on Sunday, he is a force at this level when he plays like that.

2 hours ago, Made In Aston said:

Mings's and Kamara's ACL injuries were the result of them losing their footing and their entire bodyweight putting pressure on the knee. No training programme or squad management strategy can prevent that from happening. Down to bad luck.

Someone mentioned Mings' earlier. I think his was heavily aggravated by his bounce off Isak throwing him off balance. It wasn't entirely self inflicted. Kamara just changed direction and his leg didn't withstand the strain. They weren't comparable IMHO.

You may well be right that it was bad luck, and turf could have played a part...but at the same time I'd be surprised if Kamara's turn caused even a minority of footballers to suffer the same injury. I strongly suspect it was a weakness from his previous injury that triggered it.

Any evidence of players reliably coming back from a double knee injury? Even as recently as the 90s an ACL was usually a career ender so I'd expect he'd have to be in a pretty exclusive club when he does come back.

Not trying to be a doom-monger so feel free to use the batman slap meme on me for this. 

Not sure Kamara’s injury will be as big a loss as some might think. His form recently has been patchy at best while I’ve also thought that Villa’s midfield is just too similar with a lack of physicality or pace.

Iroegbunam must be given a chance now and will add that physicality which the Villa midfield is currently missing rather than moving McGinn or Luiz. 

Alternatively it might also force Emery into a tactical change how Villa play with Rogers getting more game time? Villa’s midfield needed freshening up anyway so while Kamara’’s injury is unfortunate, it could also add a little boost to Villa in the run in?

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, MrBlack said:

Someone mentioned Mings' earlier. I think his was heavily aggravated by his bounce off Isak throwing him off balance. It wasn't entirely self inflicted. Kamara just changed direction and his leg didn't withstand the strain. They weren't comparable IMHO.

You may well be right that it was bad luck, and turf could have played a part...but at the same time I'd be surprised if Kamara's turn caused even a minority of footballers to suffer the same injury. I strongly suspect it was a weakness from his previous injury that triggered it.

Any evidence of players reliably coming back from a double knee injury? Even as recently as the 90s an ACL was usually a career ender so I'd expect he'd have to be in a pretty exclusive club when he does come back.

Not trying to be a doom-monger so feel free to use the batman slap meme on me for this. 

They are comparable, as both resulted in their legs landing on the ground in a way where the knee is not supported. Looking at the position Kamara's leg was in at the time of the injury I'd highly doubt many footballers would come away from that without serious injury.

As for coming back and able to perform at the same level then that is a different thing. A lot of players don't seem to be able to play the same as before, but I guess that depends on their role. Skillful attackers will be more impacted, as there is more strain on their knee from the quick twisting and turning, while a CB isn't as effected. So I'd worry more for Buendia than Mings or Kamara.

Â