Boubacar Kamara

Delphinho123

1 minute ago, paul514 said:

perhaps the fan base will now accept that having 4 players who can play in central midfield is dumb when some of them are first team in other positions like McGinn or often coming on as a sub in other positions like Tielemans..... The same goes for right back

We were restricted by what we could do, spend and who we could attract in Jan… just the sad reality.

I was wishing for midfield (mainly DM) reinforcement and I’m, admittedly, not convinced by Tim (yet)… but we have to get on with it…

I think Unai would have added a quality player if we had the capacity to do it…

Tim just has to repay the faith in him and back up his manager’s words or praise…

Dougie needs to step up and recover his best form also… show he is a leader…

I don’t trust or have faith (at either CM or DM) in Youri at all… he’s already made too many mistakes in anything other than an attacking role… where he has thrived instead. Wish he wasn’t so slow and quick to get knackered… seems like one who needs the rest of team to perform well to shine rather than he himself lift it…

9 minutes ago, Jas10 said:

We were restricted by what we could do, spend and who we could attract in Jan… just the sad reality.

I was wishing for midfield (mainly DM) reinforcement and I’m, admittedly, not convinced by Tim (yet)… but we have to get on with it…

Tim just has to repay the faith in him and back up his manager’s words or praise…

I don’t trust or have faith (at either CM or DM) in Youri at all… he’s already made too many mistakes in anything other than an attacking role… where he has thrived instead. Wish he wasn’t so slow and quick to get knackered… seems like one who needs the rest of team to perform well to shine rather than he himself lift it…

We signed two players for about 20m.......... that could have been spent on a midfielder. We could have loaned someone with an obligation to buy in the summer.

Sorry but no.

• Like 1

With hindsight everyone is wise. We gambled on Kamara’s fitness and that blew  up in our face big time with a freak injury. 

We bought in development players that were available now (they might not have been available or probably would have been more expensive in the summer) for a reasonable fee who we think have very high potential to fill out the squad and potentially become first team players. 

Ultimately if we end up in champions league and win the conference nothing will really have been lost. 

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

We signed two players for about 20m.......... that could have been spent on a midfielder. We could have loaned someone with an obligation to buy in the summer.

Sorry but no.

Maybe we tried to get a player on loan with an obligation to buy but clubs weren't willing to agree to such a deal? It's not as easy as we say we want someone and therefore it happens.

• Like 4

7 hours ago, paul514 said:

perhaps the fan base will now accept that having 4 players who can play in central midfield is dumb when some of them are first team in other positions like McGinn or often coming on as a sub in other positions like Tielemans..... The same goes for right back

Where are the resources to keep these other top players in reserve?

11 hours ago, PaulC said:

Might as well get them both done. Got to be a reason why there's so many acl injuries there days. It's been well documented in women's football but villa are matching them.

Every single footballer get both knees replaced.  Sorted 👍

I'd definitely support this, I hate the ever looming (and increasing) threat of knee ligament injuries.  Scarred from my Champ Manager days to now.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Nigel said:

Where are the resources to keep these other top players in reserve?

You sell the fringe players and one star in the summer. I have set all this out in the transfer thread and ffp thread with full details

3 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Maybe we tried to get a player on loan with an obligation to buy but clubs weren't willing to agree to such a deal? It's not as easy as we say we want someone and therefore it happens.

There are always deals to be done

Forgive me if I'm missing something here or taking your posts out of context @paul514

1. Dougie

2. Kamara

3. McGinn

4. Tielemans

5. Ramsey

6. Tim

7. Buendia

We have a great depth and ability on the ball in Central Defense also, albeit hampered by injury.

I'm open to the idea our team has been given a difficult time of it in terms of recruitment ideals and mitigating against injury, and considering maybe they've done quite well 

5 hours ago, A'Villan said:

Forgive me if I'm missing something here or taking your posts out of context @paul514

1. Dougie

2. Kamara

3. McGinn

4. Tielemans

5. Ramsey

6. Tim

7. Buendia

We have a great depth and ability on the ball in Central Defense also, albeit hampered by injury.

I'm open to the idea our team has been given a difficult time of it in terms of recruitment ideals and mitigating against injury, and considering maybe they've done quite well 

1-4 are central midfielders

ramsey is an attacking midfielder, we don’t play those, Buendia is wide player, Tim is a kid who isn’t good enough for a CL chasing team  

On 12/03/2024 at 12:56, paul514 said:

There are always deals to be done

Tell us more about the world of football. You're clearly a very knowledgeable man about everything.

We're clearly after a certain calibre or type of player. No point signing a player for the sake of it.

5 hours ago, daggy_333 said:

Tell us more about the world of football. You're clearly a very knowledgeable man about everything.

We're clearly after a certain calibre or type of player. No point signing a player for the sake of it.

No need to be sarcastic, there are several dozen players we could have looked into signing instead of prioritising signing the players we did

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

No need to be sarcastic, there are several dozen players we could have looked into signing instead of prioritising signing the players we did

You talk utter waffle.

• Haha 1

10 hours ago, paul514 said:

Yet the best DM that moved in January was probably Dendoncker 😂

• Like 1

On 12/03/2024 at 01:47, Jas10 said:

Just makes the decision to loan out Dendocker all the more baffling, unless we were so close to the FFP rules we had to get rid.

6 minutes ago, paul514 said:

not true but ok

Who could do an immediate job yes. Not some youth talents that went to PSG and Atletico

On 12/03/2024 at 12:56, paul514 said:

You sell the fringe players and one star in the summer. I have set all this out in the transfer thread and ffp thread with full details

Otavio , Inacio , Frimpong from your FM 24 save I’m guessing 🤣

• Like 1

Â