Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

51 minutes ago, Awol said:

Taken from Love of Paul McGrath pod, based on last 365 days data:

DA1AC653-E897-47B8-9FC4-0C1A0E41ADB9.jpeg

So In short, for our VT transfer committee experts saying " he is no better than Luiz "

Computer Says No GIFs | Tenor

Ironically, Luiz is only better than him in a more attacking type stat,  dribbling past etc.

Which still emphasises some of us thinking Luiz is better further up the pitch.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 2
  • Confused 1

1 minute ago, Delphinho123 said:

Comparing stats of players who play in different leagues just seems a bit pointless to me. 

I’d hazard a guess that there won’t be a single game played in Serie A this season at the same pace as the game at Goodison yesterday. 

I must admit, the comments from Juve fans are a bit of a concern. 

I think the one from his current manager Allegri where he says he can't play in font of the defense because he's too slow on the ball is more worrying.

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, sne said:

I think the one from his current manager Allegri where he says he can't play in font of the defense because he's too slow on the ball is more worrying.

Yeah I’ve just read that. That’s one position where you really don’t want a ditherer. You get no time to hang around in the premier league. The majority of teams press the hell out of you nowadays. 

• Like 1

36 minutes ago, a m ole said:

And playing for one of the best teams in that league helps. These comparison stat grids just never tell the full story. Good for seeing what type of player they are, useless for finding conclusive proof that a player would instantly transform us as some would like to believe.

The key stats are the Intangibles like adaptability to the pace of the league, culture & environment. Many quality players have underperformed here, even though their ability and stats were there for all to see in a different league. 

Just because he doesn’t fit the way allegri & Juve currently want to play doesn’t mean in anyway he wouldn’t fit in for us. You don’t play as many games as he has for an elite team without being a good player. Lange & Co obviously believe he has the relevant attributes to come in and improve us. That’s good enough for me and have complete faith if he signs he’ll become a success. 

9 minutes ago, sne said:

His manager said this?

Oh ffs.

Last thing we need are slow players to be fair.

I was just going based off stats and thinking our lot will have done their due diligence.

Then again, one teams trash, can be another teams teasure.

23 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

So In short, for our VT transfer committee experts saying " he is no better than Luiz "

Computer Says No GIFs | Tenor

Ironically, Luiz is only better than him in a more attacking type stat,  dribbling past etc.

Which still emphasises some of us thinking Luiz is better further up the pitch.

It doesn’t read across directly from league to league, but it is still data that’s useful when looking at players. The video Neil did on him is really good and takes quite a balanced view - imo (TL/DR: he’d be a good signing)

5 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Aston Villa's Emi Martinez nominated for prestigious Yashin Trophy

Nuff said. If SG thinks a player is what we need then I think we have to accept his judgement. He knows far more than me about football - and I suspect many others also - so accept his decision. 

Just now, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His manager said this?

Oh ffs.

Last thing we need are slow players to be fair.

I was just going based off stats and thinking our lot will have done their due diligence.

Then again, one teams trash, can be another teams teasure.

I like Bentancur, he's a good player. He's not lived up to the hype he had a few years ago (if he had he would have been a £100m player) 

Juve fans are not a happy lot these days and the club is in a mess, might be going to court for tax fraud and so on. Pretty much every player is for sale apart from Chiesa and Locatelli (who are both loans to buy) and Allegri/Pirlo/Allegri have struggled to find a midfield that works despite having loads to chose from. They've been throwing shit at the wall for 2 seasons now and nothing has really worked.

Juve want their deepest CM to collect the ball from defense as a regista/DLP (booo! whitchcraft!!) and Allegri apparently feels that Bentancur is too slow on the ball when he's played there. Just like every other player who is discussed he is NOT the fabled DCM who sits and defends the back 4. He's pretty technical, aggressive and all round good with the ball. You have to be to play for Juve.

The comparison to Luiz is not that far off tbh. He's nothing like an N'didi or Casimeiro

37 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Comparing stats of players who play in different leagues just seems a bit pointless to me. 

I’d hazard a guess that there won’t be a single game played in Serie A this season at the same pace as the game at Goodison yesterday. 

I must admit, the comments from Juve fans are a bit of a concern. 

Comments from the Lyon fans about Traore were a concern to, but that transfer turned out well.

• Like 1

It definitely is starting to feel like we are finding a gap in the market that can work for us - good players who have hit a bit of sticky form at clubs, that are still of an age to offer something and become great again.

If that’s who we want, then I’m happy with that.

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No it didn’t, we spent 70m on two right sided forwards 12 months after he was signed.

That was a weird decision all round considering we'd just lost a left sided forward and didn't replace him. Signing Bailey and Buendia seemed to be aimed towards filling Jack's spot on the left (Bailey) and the number 10 spot (Buendia) as much as anything. Anyway, the transfer window probably contributed to Smith losing his job.

Traore is a good player. It's a shame some people don't want to see it!

Edited by Rolta
  • Like 4

Â