Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

6 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No it didn’t, we spent 70m on two right sided forwards 12 months after he was signed.

Bizarre comment. He was very good last season and has been hampered this season mostly by injuries. The signings of Bailey and Buendia were more about replacing Grealish.

Edited by Mantis
  • Like 3
  • Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, villanmac said:

Text this morning from Juve mate "will probably be good in prem because it's a horse race league".

I replied back "Serie A is a **** donkey league" Arsehole.

Italy win Euro 2020 final - Global Times

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

No it didn’t, we spent 70m on two right sided forwards 12 months after he was signed.

He was good last season, Smith played Buendia as an 8 and 10 and Bailey on the left so your post is bizarre, yesterday was the first time under Gerrard, Buendia started on the left, Bertrand Traore was our 3 highest scorer and second in assists last season, he also created multiple chances by pressing his opponents just i case you come out with the luxury player BS, Lyon fans and their comments combined with his lax nature in interviews has done a number on you. 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

His manager said this?

Oh ffs.

Last thing we need are slow players to be fair.

I was just going based off stats and thinking our lot will have done their due diligence.

Then again, one teams trash, can be another teams treasure.

Both important points. 

9 minutes ago, Rolta said:

That was a weird decision all round considering we'd just lost a left sided forward and didn't replace him. Signing Bailey and Buendia seemed to be aimed towards filling Jack's spot on the left (Bailey) and the number 10 spot (Buendia) as much as anything. Anyway, the transfer window probably contributed to Smith losing his job.

Traore is a good player. It's a shame some people don't want to see it!

Absolutely, another VT vendetta for no logical reason...

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Not watched a lot of Juve, but Bentancur is a good player, I'd say more of a mediano/number six than a box to box player. So I asked a more informed journo friend, and he says:

In a 4-3-3 he plays in front of the defence like he did at Boca, Allegri uses him differently because he's full of running and he's fairly big he plays on the right with Locatelli or Arthur in the middle. When he plays for the national team he's one of two int eh middle of a 4-4-2. Great player with room to improve. At that price it's an incredible deal and Juve need the money.

Then we had a chat about Italian midfielders who might be buyable and he said Davide Frattesi at Sassuolo would be gettable at €25 and he's great but he'd be another 8 and we are looking for a 6.

Freaking bargain! Sold. 

Thanks for sharing the main insights, RV - he sounds like a good fit for us tbf. 

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

4 minutes ago, romavillan said:

Not watched a lot of Juve, but Bentancur is a good player, I'd say more of a mediano/number six than a box to box player. So I asked a more informed journo friend, and he says:

In a 4-3-3 he plays in front of the defence like he did at Boca, Allegri uses him differently because he's full of running and he's fairly big he plays on the right with Locatelli or Arthur in the middle. When he plays for the national team he's one of two int eh middle of a 4-4-2. Great player with room to improve. At that price it's an incredible deal and Juve need the money.

Then we had a chat about Italian midfielders who might be buyable and he said Davide Frattesi at Sassuolo would be gettable at €25 and he's great but he'd be another 8 and we are looking for a 6.

Thanks mate, good info

• Like 1

52 minutes ago, sne said:

I think the one from his current manager Allegri where he says he can't play in font of the defense because he's too slow on the ball is more worrying.

I think he said it when he was a pundit last year, bit awkward to return back then to coach him 😂

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

15 minutes ago, Rolta said:

That was a weird decision all round considering we'd just lost a left sided forward and didn't replace him. Signing Bailey and Buendia seemed to be aimed towards filling Jack's spot on the left (Bailey) and the number 10 spot (Buendia) as much as anything. Anyway, the transfer window probably contributed to Smith losing his job.

Traore is a good player. It's a shame some people don't want to see it!

Because the Lyon fans told them he was shit so people jumped on the bandwagon and will look stupid now to admit they were wrong 😂

• Like 2

10 minutes ago, messi11 said:

Is he a 6? No
Is he what we need? No
Will he be missed by his current team fans? No
Is he an upgrade on Luiz? No

Should we sign Bentancur? Its a No from me

Based on what I have read and listened to over the last couple of days, you could well be right, but if we are in for him, what is motivating our interest? Which of the things you have stated as negatives do Gerrard and Lange disagree with you on?

3 minutes ago, Zatman said:

Because the Lyon fans told them he was shit so people jumped on the bandwagon and will look stupid now to admit they were wrong 😂

19 minutes ago, Mantis said:

Bizarre comment. He was very good last season and has been hampered this season mostly by injuries. The signings of Bailey and Buendia were more about replacing Grealish.

Bertrand Traore was entertaining to watch, also frustrating. At time he had the touch of Neymar, other times he had the touch of Carlos Sanchez. He such a 1 footed player and his tracking back was questionable. The fact we had to spend 70 million on upgrading him after 1 season is a tell tale.
If you want to bring up goal and assist stats then El Ghazi was our best player last season  

Edited by messi11
  • Like 1

1 hour ago, Delphinho123 said:

Comparing stats of players who play in different leagues just seems a bit pointless to me. 

I’d hazard a guess that there won’t be a single game played in Serie A this season at the same pace as the game at Goodison yesterday. 

I must admit, the comments from Juve fans are a bit of a concern. 

Not true, Serie A isn't what it was, you don't get time to put your foot on the ball any more.

18 minutes ago, Mantis said:

I disagree. Buendia was brought in to play alongside Grealish. It would have been those two behind Watkins had Grealish not have left. The club knew we weren’t good enough in the final third even with Grealish here.

Â