Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

would be a class signing.

I would say "lol not a chance", but this window has taught me to not be quite so scathing of transfer targets usually marked as "way out of our league".

Seems a strange link though, not sure why Juve would want to sell him, he has regularly played this season.

Also @Delphinho123 its spelt Bentancur.

Edited by MaVilla

4 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

I know nothing about him but this sounds really good

Style of play[edit]

A dynamic, hard-working, skillful, elegant, and tactically versatile midfielder, who is comfortable using either foot, Bentancur has been described as a tall and "physically strong" player, who is capable of playing in any midfield position, including as a defensive midfielder, as a central midfielder, as a winger on either flank, in a box-to-box role, or even as a mezzala, or as an attacking midfielder behind the forwards, due to his ability to make attacking runs from behind.[8][24][25][26][27][28][29][30][31]

He also possesses good close control, technique, and quick footwork, which enable him to get past opponents when in possession, while his vision, intelligence, personality, and incisive passing also allow him to set the tempo of his team's play in a more creative role as a regista deep in midfield, and create goalscoring opportunities for his teammates after winning back the ball.[24][25][26][27][32][33][34] His height and strong frame also enable him to act as a "target man" in an advanced midfield role;[26] he has even played as a second strikeron occasion.[35]

Although his acceleration is not particularly impressive, he is also a mobile player, who is capable of pressing opponents further up the pitch. Moreover, he has also drawn praise in the media for his composure and quick-thinking both with and without the ball.[26][27] Due to his precociousness, talent, maturity, and wide range of skills, he is considered to be a highly promising young player in the media.[26][27]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Rodrigo_Bentancur

I've only seen him for Uruguay at the World Cup but looked a really good player, haven't followd him since then, but would have presumed we wouldn't have much of chance of getting a player like him. Struck me more as deep play maker type, rather than a traditional DM though.

Been pretty mediocre this season but I like him. Do like Uruguayan players in general. 

Great passing and control and a great engine. And he's tall but not that good in the air actually.

More of a CM than a sitting DCM thou.

• Like 1

Just now, jacketspuds said:

Probably just a wind up as we’ve been linked to Ramsey at Juventus instead.

But, if it’s true I think this would be our best signing of the window.

Collomosse is probably the most informed journalist when it comes to Villa. 

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, sne said:

Been pretty mediocre this season but I like him. Do like Uruguayan players in general. 

Great passing and control and a great engine. And he's tall but not that good in the air actually.

More of a CM than a sitting DCM thou.

I thought he was more of a playmaker than a ball winner. Memory is very hazy of whether I've actually seen him play though!

• Like 1

Â