Rodrigo Bentancur

Delphinho123

11 minutes ago, VillaJay said:

Can't say I've watched much of him, however he does look quite similar to Luiz. Bissouma would most likely be much more expensive, however he's a near guaranteed quantity. I'd rather get the best dedicated dm we can or no one at all this window and wait for the right player.

Also stats are misleading, only a few tweets before that, VillaAnalytics was slating Digne as not an upgrade on targett based on his stats, when anyone who has actually watched him play football could tell you how wrong he is.

Stats are important but only tell a small part of the story. If Gerrard and the scouting team think Bentacour is the man, I trust that.

I agree.  Juve fans seem happy for him to go, Villa fans very mixed response.

This is Allegri's take on him fro a interview last season.

“In my opinion, Bentancur cannot play in front of the defence. He can play a match, but not more. Rodrigo is very good, but in front of the defence he has a playing time of 1-3 [seconds]: he stops, looks and then passes,” 

https://oldjuve.com/2021/08/09/its-a-make-or-break-season-for-rodrigo-bentancur-juventus/

• Like 1

Surprised to see this link for Bentancur a very good player, but not convinced he’s a DM. He can play like he has the ball on a string at times and is probably an upgrade on Luiz. £16m seems a little low for me, but also makes me think one of the CM’s is on their way out the door if where looking at him.

9 minutes ago, MWARLEY2 said:

Ok . Was going to say that i would leave it i  the hands of our scouting department but that doesnt sound good for what we need 

ye, interesting, if he cant handle the press in italy, he sure wont handle the press in the PL.

Â