Formula One - 2022

BOF

32 minutes ago, Genie said:

C6-EABFB8-6086-4-B02-B2-BE-3932-F998-A75

Red Bull and that smug Representative for Wellingborough deny he made those comments "officially" but apparently he made them off the record and wasn't expecting them to be put out in public

1 hour ago, bickster said:

Surely its either legal or it isn't, there's no "spirit of the reglations" and it's not down to Horner to determine what is and isn't legal

Serious answer, there definitely is a spirit of the rule, especially this season above all others, where the new rules are in to fix a specific problem (inwash aero). So if a car remains legal but creates a problem that goes against the goal, they've explicitly said they'll change the rules 'overnight'. I've no idea how legal or illegal a sidepod is. I hope it's legal and I suspect it is. I hope Merc have rattled the field. Their times suggest they haven't.

Binotto has had something to say as well but about the Merc's mirrors, not the sidepods or lack thereof. Having had a look since he said it. The mounting does look very "wingy".

Drive to survive seems great again after episode 1. Gunter front and centre again.

As others have said I hope they don’t solely focus on the title battle but I’m sure they won’t.

I must be alone in thinking Horner is ok, at least he’s honest and open with his thoughts instead of being so media savvy and reserved about everything.

11 minutes ago, a m ole said:

I’m on the first episode of drive to survive and Christian Horner really is is the most hatable guy, Jesus.

I’m 11 minutes in and he’s already being a word removed

He literally walks around just talking shit about Mercedes and being a salty little prick at all times. Doesn’t win with any grace. Even worse when he loses.

i imagine he goes to his kids parents evening and starts a conversation with the teacher about how ugly Toto is and how he probably hasn’t got any great mates.

Edited by a m ole

All this hate for Horner is really funny. I suspect that they all do it to a greater or lesser extent but somehow Horner bullied Massi  in the last race of the season but Totto didn't when he was on the Massi.........is that because Mercedes lost and Red Bull won.

They are all as bad as each other and hopefully this season none of them will be able to apply that kind of pressure to race control at any point in the race.

Do we think any of the front teams are sandbagging.........

8 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

All this hate for Horner is really funny. I suspect that they all do it to a greater or lesser extent but somehow Horner bullied Massi  in the last race of the season but Totto didn't when he was on the Massi.........is that because Mercedes lost and Red Bull won.

They are all as bad as each other and hopefully this season none of them will be able to apply that kind of pressure to race control at any point in the race.

Do we think any of the front teams are sandbagging.........

No, it’s because he comes across an absolute **** tool, where as Toto is just a bit of a knob.

• Like 2