Formula One - 2022

BOF

34 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

Every single word of this made me nod in agreement. I hope Hamilton wins but I'm 100% anyone but redbull

For me it's McLaren or Ferrari as they probably have the best chance. Don't like that Canadian Billionaire bought a race team so his son gets a drive otherwise I would put Aston Martin in there too. Gasly impresses me but not sure his car is good enough.

If it's down to Red Bull or Mercedes then it's Red Bull to stop the Mercs domination in just the same way I was desperate for someone to beat Red Bull when Vettell was just winning race after race. I don't like Lewis and I don't like Max. Don't like Red Bull and don't like Mercedes and I am not that keen on Horner or Wolff as it goes. I just don't get that sucked in as it's the one sport I can watch without having a vested interest.

Last season was a bit like watching Man City and Liverpool doing battle.....the best result would be if they both lost.

I will watch the Netflix docusoap later and fully expect everyone to be deslikable.

Edited by mykeyb

Just on the penultimate episode and one thing that this series has reminded me of is that Mercedes made some very uncharacteristic mistakes throughout the season with strategy. Be it Paul Ricard, Turkey, Bottas‘ tyres in Qatar. Usually they are perfect with that stuff. 

Up to episode 4 now. Spent the first three thinking that Horner was the biggest bell-end in the sport and then they start focusing on Haas. I knew Mazepin wasn’t particularly well liked but wow. He is a complete clearing in the woods. 

• Like 2

9 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Just on the penultimate episode and one thing that this series has reminded me of is that Mercedes made some very uncharacteristic mistakes throughout the season with strategy. Be it Paul Ricard, Turkey, Bottas‘ tyres in Qatar. Usually they are perfect with that stuff. 

I'm actually not sure they Merc been that great with strategy calls over the years but it has been disguised most years by their dominance and the fact that until this RB Honda partnership the only competition they've had in the hybrid era has come from Ferrari who are the world leaders in bad strategy calls.

• Like 2

8 hours ago, choffer said:

Up to episode 4 now. Spent the first three thinking that Horner was the biggest bell-end in the sport and then they start focusing on Haas. I knew Mazepin wasn’t particularly well liked but wow. He is a complete clearing in the woods. 

Judging on that episode it's most likely all a result of the parenting. His father is also a complete tool.

Wait until you get to the episode with Yuki. That'll make you think that all is fine in the world.

• Like 1

I might be the only one in the world, but I find Ricciardo quite unlikeable.

I think he tries way too hard to be funny, to the extent that a lot of the time he isn't very funny.

He annoys me to be honest

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

37 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he tries way too hard to be funny, to the extent that a lot of the time he isn't very funny.

I have said that in this thread before.

He is “playing the part” of the cheeky rascal to the point that he’s forcing it most of the time.

• Like 2

Watched all but the last episode of Drive to Survive, and I am starting to loathe Horner. He comes across like a Baggies fan. Obsessed with Merc and Hamilton. He's like all the worst managers I've ever had rolled into one. 

I'll give him Silverstone, but he's almost delusional when it comes to Max's antics. Regardless of what he says, there is a difference between hard racing and making the opposition make a choice between letting him through or causing a massive accident. 

I would love McLaren and Lando to do well this year. I think Zak comes across really well.

51 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I wouldn't say annoying, but I do get the sense he can be a bit of a nasty bugger under the surface.

• Like 1

15 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I would love McLaren and Lando to do well this year. I think Zak comes across really well.

Yep same. Definitely my favourite team and favourite driver on the grid

27 minutes ago, AVFCDAN said:

I think it might be easier to say everyone involved in F1 is a knob and be done with it.

Except for Gunter of course.

Gunter could replace Sisyphus as an example of undertaking an unwinnable task. He's under unbelievable pressure satisfying knobheads but he keeps plodding on.

7 hours ago, sparrow1988 said:

Wait until you get to the episode with Yuki. That'll make you think that all is fine in the world.

Oh I dunno. He was just a snot-nosed whiny kid. Maz was a grade-A twunt. 

52 minutes ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Only watched a few episodes of Season 4 so far but my main takeaway is that Toto is a diva when it comes to breakfast orders.

He only just stopped short of specifying the kneading technique used for making his pumpernickel

This is so true :D

7 hours ago, YouUnastanFren said:

Only watched a few episodes of Season 4 so far but my main takeaway is that Toto is a diva when it comes to breakfast orders.

He only just stopped short of specifying the kneading technique used for making his pumpernickel

I know, what a word removed......🤣