Formula One - 2022

BOF

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I have a feeling George Russell will be another Bottas. 

What exactly do you mean by that?

By all accounts he may well be the next big thing, Mercedes clearly think so. Also hasn't he outqualified his teammate every time in 3 years bar one race? What more could he have done.,

1 hour ago, Genie said:

I kinda want Ferrari to be a real contender this year. 
Ferrari, Mercedes and Red Bull all competitive would be good.

Same. If the car performs as good as it looks it could be a 2002 style season! 

2 hours ago, Genie said:

Nah I think he'll be their next Number 1 driver.

Lewis doesn't have long left. I still think he would have retired last year if he'd won the title.

A season or two under Lewis learning the ropes, then Lewis retires and Russell takes over as their wonder kid

16 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

Lewis doesn't have long left. I still think he would have retired last year if he'd won the title.

A season or two under Lewis learning the ropes, then Lewis retires and Russell takes over as their wonder kid

I agree Lewis would have moved on if he’d won the 8th title.

I just have this feeling he’ll do relatively well because it’ll be a great car, but not putting enough pressure on Lewis, Max etc. It’ll be more exciting if he can compete consistently and be a better wing-man to Lewis than Bottas was.

He’s got a lot of hype and expectation to deal with. 

19 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I think Russell could be pushing Lewis very hard this year. Every sniff of a chance Russell has had he has looked amazing. I don't think we will need to wait the 2 years for him to get comfortable.

• Like 1

Just now, Straggler said:

I think Russell could be pushing Lewis very hard this year. Every sniff of a chance Russell has had he has looked amazing. I don't think we will need to wait the 2 years for him to get comfortable.

I agree he could. But given his age and being new to the team, he'll be well and truly the 2nd Driver.

So he can push Lewis, but I imagine he'll be doing everything he can to use that to help Lewis rather than beat him.

Interesting side effect of the ground effect aero:

In fact, isn't this why ground effect was banned in the first place? Losing all the effect if the car bottomed out? Which was partly blamed for Senna's crash?

Edited by Lichfield Dean

First Christian Horner and now Max Verstappen. Coincidence or what.

Max Verstappen has blasted the decision to remove Michael Masi as Formula 1 race director following the 2021 Abu Dhabi controversy, calling it “very unfair” and “not the right decision”.

Verstappen also revealed he had contacted Masi after feeling “really sad” regarding the decision to replace him with respective former World Endurance Championship and DTM race directors Eduardo Freitas and Niels Wittich. 

When asked by Autosport about the decision to remove Masi, Verstappen replied: “I think it’s not correct. Everyone always tries to do the best job, everyone can always use help.  

“Like us drivers also – we have the whole team behind us, we prove it ourselves. For me, it’s very unfair what happened to Michael – he was really being thrown under the bus.  

“Now, [that they] did sack him like that in the first place for me is unacceptable. And now basically [that they] sacked him is really incredible. I feel really sorry for Michael.  

“Because I think he was a very capable and good race director.  

Autosport

9 hours ago, Genie said:

First Christian Horner and now Max Verstappen. Coincidence or what.

Autosport

If you watch the press conference, Vettel and Alonso also say it was a bit harsh on Masi. They also said that yes, he made mistakes but that on the whole that he did a good job. It's not really as deep as some people think. 

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

If you watch the press conference, Vettel and Alonso also say it was a bit harsh on Masi. They also said that yes, he made mistakes but that on the whole that he did a good job. It's not really as deep as some people think. 

Apart from the many mistakes, and one that decided one of the most exciting season in decades he did alright :lol: 

What do they expect? His final act was rewriting sporting history. 

3 minutes ago, Genie said:

Apart from the many mistakes, and one that decided one of the most exciting season in decades he did alright :lol: 

What do they expect? His final act was rewriting sporting history. 

I'm just saying what the drivers have said. They know more than you or I. IMO he massively f***ed up that finale. However, it must be impossible to do a job with entitled dickheads like Wolff and Horner belating in your ear every two seconds. He just cracked under the pressure at work, like most people at some stage in their life.

He wasn't as good as Whiting, that's for sure and I think the fact that they have replaced Masi with multiple people speaks volumes. Losing Whiting as Race Director reminds me of when Ferguson stopped managing United. He was doing the jobs of more than one person and it was naive of the FIA/United to assume one person could replace someone like that.

• Like 2

Uralkali has disappeared from the Haas overnight. Colours are still on the motorhome, branding still on the uniforms but the car has been stripped of them.

lcimg-6407feb0-8446-4bab-b688-8b536aa6116d.jpg

Edited by sparrow1988
  • Like 2

52 minutes ago, sparrow1988 said:

Uralkali has disappeared from the Haas overnight. Colours are still on the motorhome, branding still on the uniforms but the car has been stripped of them.

lcimg-6407feb0-8446-4bab-b688-8b536aa6116d.jpg

I have a feeling it’ll fully vanish over the next days and weeks.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

he massively f***ed up that finale

Which was sackable on its own. Add to that the other errors of judgement then I can’t believe anyone would really be surprised he was removed.

• Like 2

"Under current circumstances". Lord above, grow a pair will you. So it's alright if this special operation succeeds, Putin gets his puppet government in Ukraine and there is no more miliatary action ongoing in September?

Edited by sparrow1988