Formula One - 2022

BOF

Why are people excusing Horner being a word removed?

He’s clearly extremely good at his job. I’m sure he’s a nice bloke in private. And I’m sure a lot of team principles are clearings in the woods. 

But he comes across as the prize prick.  He just seems like a bellend. There’s no wrapping around fingers or bias. He’s just a dickhead 😂

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

Why are people excusing Horner being a word removed?

He’s clearly extremely good at his job. I’m sure he’s a nice bloke in private. And I’m sure a lot of team principles are clearings in the woods. 

But he comes across as the prize prick.  He just seems like a bellend. There’s no wrapping around fingers or bias. He’s just a dickhead 😂

He called his son Monty ffs!

• Haha 2

18 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Really cannot see what Horner has done and said to get this abuse.

Is it because he married a Spice Girl.    🤪

I don't think it's just one thing. He's just a clearing in the woods. His general demeanour and the way he talks. Everything really. 

26 minutes ago, mykeyb said:

Do we think the Mercs mirrors will be deemed illegal before the first race?

No but I see a scenario where they blitz the field in the first few rounds and then the regulations are modified/made more prescriptive to bring them back to the rest of the field.

2 hours ago, mykeyb said:

Really cannot see what Horner has done and said to get this abuse.

Is it because he married a Spice Girl.    🤪

The defence of him is more perplexing, like someone’s insulted their sugar daddy.

• Like 1

Merc better be sandbagging for their sake. I'm intrigued at where the midfield teams rank. They all seem to have potential, which is great

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, BOF said:

Merc better be sandbagging for their sake. I'm intrigued at where the midfield teams rank. They all seem to have potential, which is great

I'm not convinced they are. Lewis looked like he was really struggling at times. 

I'm sure they'll get it right eventually but I don't think it's all for show at the moment. 

2 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

I'm not convinced they are. Lewis looked like he was really struggling at times. 

I'm sure they'll get it right eventually but I don't think it's all for show at the moment. 

I don't think it's all for show either, because it's not just the times that look off. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, BOF said:

I don't think it's all for show either, because it's not just the times that look off. 

Has this been caused to a degree by the sidepod changes?  Were they struggling this much two weeks ago?

If you remember last year Merc wasn't looking that good either in the practices. If Mercedes come out at there best, all the other cars will start upgrading early, which is why I believe merc may be toning it down just a bit.

39 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

If you remember last year Merc wasn't looking that good either in the practices. If Mercedes come out at there best, all the other cars will start upgrading early, which is why I believe merc may be toning it down just a bit.

I thought that, Merc have done something radical and they might be playing down it’s impact to delay the copycats. 

• Like 1