Formula One - 2022

BOF

12 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

What colour will the Haas be now?

Unless they can find another primary sponsor, my guess is all-white. Although I suppose the lack of Ural Kali means they could go any route they want now.

• Like 1

On 02/03/2022 at 01:01, sne said:

Mazepin allowed to keep racing. F1 just as bad or worse than FIFA as always.

Rumours going around that Haas are releasing him anyway with Fittipaldi in for the Bahrain test. If they go with him for the season, they'll actually have manged to replace a poor driver with a poorer one.

1 minute ago, sparrow1988 said:

Rumours going around that Haas are releasing him anyway with Fittipaldi in for the Bahrain test. If they go with him for the season, they'll actually have manged to replace a poor driver with a poorer one.

Be interesting for Haas, guess the money from daddy Mazepin will dry up.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, sne said:

Be interesting for Haas, guess the money from daddy Mazepin will dry up.

Surely they can muster a sponsor and a decent driver (Hulkenberg?) from somewhere? Although they have never really had a title sponsor apart from Mazepin and Rich Energy, have they?

Steiner says they're OK even without the Marzipan money. I hope he's right. As for who they can get in from a driver's standpoint, it'll be limited by how close we are to all the racing series' seasons starting. I also wonder is there a global financial nervousness around sponsors that wasn't there before someone put 50p in Putin.

5 minutes ago, Jimzk5 said:

Mazepin has been sacked, well contract terminated with him and the teams deal with mazepins daddy

Bit moody, but we gotta mean business and it can't be one rule for one. I guess of he was just a Russain driver it would be barely okay,  but with daddy Involved he's  pretty much screwed

Edited by foreveryoung

8 minutes ago, OutByEaster? said:

If they can't get daddy Mazepin's money replaced, they could be even worse!

Steiner has said that they are financially ok without it, but maybe he forgot to calculate in the cost of a second driver. :D

Fittipaldi would make no sense really unless he's got bags of backing as well. Giovanazzi for a mixture of competence and economics? Can't see Ferrari bending them over a barrell.

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Steiner has said that they are financially ok without it, but maybe he forgot to calculate in the cost of a second driver. :D

Fittipaldi would make no sense really unless he's got bags of backing as well. Giovanazzi for a mixture of competence and economics? Can't see Ferrari bending them over a barrell.

Yeah, I think Gio will be the guy. If all that pain from last year is to be worth a damn, they need 2 at least averagely quick drivers

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, DCJonah said:

rumours that mercedes have not revealed their real car yet and its going to have a radical design and is much faster than the others. 

Not sure even Merc have the luxury of using a dummy car in one of the few testing days they get each year. I don't doubt for a second that the car that sits on the start line in Bahrain will be different to the one that tested in Barcelona, like everyone's car will be. But I doubt it's completely different to the one we saw. JMHO.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, BOF said:

Not sure even Merc have the luxury of using a dummy car in one of the few testing days they get each year. I don't doubt for a second that the car that sits on the start line in Bahrain will be different to the one that tested in Barcelona, like everyone's car will be. But I doubt it's completely different to the one we saw. JMHO.

Yeah I assume it's an exaggerated claim. But quite an intriguing rumour this close to seeing it. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, DCJonah said:

Yeah I assume it's an exaggerated claim. But quite an intriguing rumour this close to seeing it. 

Yeah definitely intriguing. I imagine a few teams have held something back.