Formula One - 2022

BOF

4 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

Christian Horner on Talksport this morning. He said he thought it was "harsh" the sacking of Masi. I bet he did, does he realise he was sacked cause he did exactly what Horner asked of him.

I said before, Red Bull will employ him. 

3 minutes ago, theboyangel said:

Clearly already had 😂

Horner is becoming such a whiny get.. cannot stand him nowadays 

That’s what happens when you spend so much time in the company of Ginger Spice.

• Haha 1

41 minutes ago, Genie said:

I said before, Red Bull will employ him. 

That would surprise me. They were able to expertly exploit his weaknesses where he was. I'd be surprised if they hired those weaknesses.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, foreveryoung said:

I think he is going back into the FIA at another level.

4 minutes ago, BOF said:

That would surprise me. They were able to expertly exploit his weaknesses where he was. I'd be surprised if they hired those weaknesses.

Tbh, it’s unlikely especially in the short term but I wouldn’t be shocked if it happened one day as a thank you. 

• Like 1

I'm  wondering with all this sidepod malarkey whether Red Bull have stolen a march on development this year. Strange to think that hardly anyone knows at this stage who will even be competitive. We might get another Brawn situation, where an otherwise lowly team finds a way to thrape everyone. 

On 22/02/2022 at 07:51, DCJonah said:

I was really looking forward to watching a full day of pre season testing coverage on sky f1 tomorrow. But all they're producing is a half hour review at 8pm. 

Could be wrong, but I don't think this session is officially timed. Would be difficult to commentate on the cars without timing I would suspect. Maybe that's why? 

• Like 1

33 minutes ago, HKP90 said:

I'm not tifosi, but whilst pretty much all the cars this year look fantastic, you could display that Ferrari as a piece of artwork. It's absolutely stunning. 

It's definitely the most aesthetically pleasing of the cars.  All curvy an' ting. I like how Ferrari have basically said they'll put everyone else's sidepods through the CFD and reserve the right to change to the best one if that's what they find :D  Cuz I've seen The Race (and an article was posted in here) not be entirely sure about how the Ferrari solution will come together.

• Like 1

Morning times

Driver Team Time Tyres Laps
1) Charles Leclerc Ferrari 1:20.165 C3 (medium) 80
2) Lando Norris McLaren 1:20.474 C3 50
3) George Russell Mercedes 1:20.784 C3 77
4) Sebastian Vettel Aston Martin 1:21.276 C3 52
5) Yuki Tsunoda AlphaTauri 1:21.638 C3 44
6) Max Verstappen Red Bull 1:22.246 C2 (hard) 80
7) Fernando Alonso Alpine 1:23.317 C3 54
8 ) Nicholas Latifi Williams 1:23.379 C3 66
9) Nikita Mazepin Haas 1:24.505 C2 20
10) Robert Kubica Alfa Romeo 1:25.909 C3 9
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Kuwabatake Sanjuro said:

Hope it isn't a season of easy DRS overtakes, that gap looks massive.

All the cars are set up now so they don't suffer the 'dirty air' from the car in front. So whether they really need DRS now is another story. I don't really think it's going to have the same effect.

• Like 1

On 19/02/2022 at 20:46, Genie said:

I don’t personally think he fixed it for Max to win, he just **** up at a moment of intense pressure.

And say what you like about how it ended last season,  butI don't think f1 has had as much publicity - and ther associtaed buzz -  as it's having right now for a very long time going into a new season.

10 hours ago, foreveryoung said:

All the cars are set up now so they don't suffer the 'dirty air' from the car in front. So whether they really need DRS now is another story. I don't really think it's going to have the same effect.

I think it'll still have the same effect. it'll still reduce drag and therefore increase the top speed.

The question is, like you say, whether they NEED it. If the new aerodynamics are good enough to increase close racing and overtaking then I'd like to think they could get rid of DRS