Formula One - 2022

BOF

15 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I might be the only one in the world, but I find Ricciardo quite unlikeable.

I think he tries way too hard to be funny, to the extent that a lot of the time he isn't very funny.

He annoys me to be honest

I watch this series with my wife. We're Australian. She doesn't like him either. I like him when he's vulnerable and serious, not when he's being the clown.

We both hate Verstappen. Both thought we'd hate Hamilton going into it but its the complete opposite, think he comes across great. 

Guenther is the best.

A lot of the young crop coming through seem like nice blokes - Gasly, LeClerc, Russell, Ocon, Schumacher. Norris rubs me the wrong way but seems to be heading for the top whilst Stroll being brought a ride by his Dad annoys me. Mazepin came across as a entitled prick.

I’m not keen on Russell myself. Probably right he’s now at Merc to cement that. 

Also that “Mr Saturday” nonsense was as cringe as it gets. 

Edited by Farlz
  • Like 2

20 hours ago, Stevo985 said:

I think he tries way too hard to be funny, to the extent that a lot of the time he isn't very funny.

You don't want to come down here, then.

Not because we all love Daniel - but he's comes across pretty accurately as the typical Aussie larrikin. See also Nick Krygios, Mark Bosnich, Shane Warne.

2 hours ago, Farlz said:

I’m not keen on Russell myself. Probably right he’s now at Merc to cement that. 

Also that “Mr Saturday” nonsense was as cringe as it gets. 

I have no real strong opinions on any of the drivers these days, Kimi was my racing hero growing up and now he's gone I tend to just lean towards rooting for anyone who didn't grow up super wealthy.

Except Russell. God damn he's a smug, unlikeable clearing in the woods. He's like the amalgamation of every posh, self aggrandising toad I've ever met.

I couldn't conceive of a driver who is there on merit who I would actually cheer outloud against every time his billionaire pay driver teammate beats him and yet here we are.

1 hour ago, YouUnastanFren said:

I have no real strong opinions on any of the drivers these days, Kimi was my racing hero growing up and now he's gone I tend to just lean towards rooting for anyone who didn't grow up super wealthy.

Except Russell. God damn he's a smug, unlikeable clearing in the woods. He's like the amalgamation of every posh, self aggrandising toad I've ever met.

I couldn't conceive of a driver who is there on merit who I would actually cheer outloud against every time his billionaire pay driver teammate beats him and yet here we are.

You could cheer on Lewis as he grew up “in the slums” as he put it. 

To everyone else that’s Stevenage.

29 minutes ago, Genie said:

Hamilton is just a bland PR bot these days. He has been pushed at various times to overplay his background, but other than his ungodly speed there is nothing particularly polarising about him imo.

I hope he **** clean sweeps Russell this season though.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ozvillafan said:

You don't want to come down here, then.

Not because we all love Daniel - but he's comes across pretty accurately as the typical Aussie larrikin. See also Nick Krygios, Mark Bosnich, Shane Warne.

Nah I like all those guys. There's just something about Ricciardo that seems forced. Like he thinks he SHOULD be like those guys, but he actually isn't. So he has to try extra hard

3 hours ago, Genie said:

To be fair to Lewis, where he grew up is the slums when you're comparing it to F1 drivers' usual background

• Like 1

I'm a big Lewis advocate having met him and seen him a few times, an following his career. But Lewis was extremely lucky getting into F1. Don't believe the story his family struggled to get him to the top, they probably grafted for 2 years in karting, like many families would. He actually started karting at 8, his luck came when he met Ron Dennis of McLaren when he was 10, sponsored and signed to there driver apprenticeship program when he was 12. Everything from then was hard work, but financially it was mostly funded.

I still like him, but to he does have to remind himself now and again where he came from, as he can be a bit rock star, but I guess who wouldn't with his lifestyle.

On 14/03/2022 at 08:24, Stevo985 said:

Couldn't agree more, find him to be incredibly fake and also nowhere near as good as he thinks he is.

I hope Lando wipes the floor with his this season.

1 hour ago, OutByEaster? said:

That's a very optimistic hope - I think the days when the racing came first are gone!

They're not gone. One thing DTS has done is add a soap element i.e. people forming opinions about drivers and principals based on a production company who, by their own admission, will edit their product to generate a narrative that doesn't necessarily exist. That's fine if you're into it. It's completely separate to F1. And it's probably great for the new non F1 fans. It's not my thing. The new F1 fan probably would have hated Senna if there was social media back then. Because the opportunity for outrage was infinite. This thread has become quite a fanboi thread which is surprising. Binotto is the main antagonist against Merc's design. But because of the Hamilton fans in here you'd get the impression it was all Horner. Intelligent people forming their opinions based on a manufactured soap opera 😁 Leave them at it 👍

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, BOF said:

They're not gone. One thing DTS has done is add a soap element i.e. people forming opinions about drivers and principals based on a production company who, by their own admission, will edit their product to generate a narrative that doesn't necessarily exist. That's fine if you're into it. It's completely separate to F1. And it's probably great for the new non F1 fans. It's not my thing. The new F1 fan probably would have hated Senna if there was social media back then. Because the opportunity for outrage was infinite. This thread has become quite a fanboi thread which is surprising. Binotto is the main antagonist against Merc's design. But because of the Hamilton fans in here you'd get the impression it was all Horner. Intelligent people forming their opinions based on a manufactured soap opera 😁 Leave them at it 👍

Quite a few wild swipes at people in this thread not being a proper fans like you 😞

6 minutes ago, Genie said:

Quite a few wild swipes at people in this thread not being a proper fans like you 😞

Not how I wrote it at all. 

3 minutes ago, Phil Silvers said:

I think we are all mostly fanboi's of right over wrong. 

I also wasn't a fan of how that ended. It's all in here. Everyone knows Lewis was robbed. But it has become something else in here. Quite schoolyard. But hey. Whatever floats yer boat.