• Ings
    • Watkins
    • Hause (Konsa 45)
    • Coutinho (Sanson 68)
    • Chukwuemeka (Ings 76)
  2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 18/01/22 at 23:59

Buendia just immense. His composure and ability to keep the ball and move forward when he has 2-3 people on him is immense.

JJ just class in the 2nd half. If we can gey him going at the start of the game wow!

Sanson had a good game until that pass. I’m sure that is a heart breaker for that to be your last kick.

Digne, so great to see him beat a player or two and good deliveries.

Coutinho, what a start and can’t wait to see him and Buendia, JJ start to read each other for those quick one two’s. That tumble into the goal was so close to being a skull cracker on the post.

Deserved to win but a great battle back after two mistakes.

• Like 2

Less said about first 30 mins the better! Big improvement second half, and team looked a lot more balanced once Coutinho came on. It's got to be him and Buendia starting behind either Ings or Watkins. Think Coutinho will like playing with Buendia.

Ramsey stepped it up a lot in second, suspect he may have got some choice words for the first half showing, and it's a very good sign that he responded & provided key contributions. 

Digne is a clear upgrade on Targett going forward. Will make a big difference

• Like 1

We were poor for the first 30 minutes.  But after that we played Utd off the park.  Digne gives us so much more down the left - he's quick, skillful and can pick out a hell of a pass.  Buendia was superb.  Yes he'll give the ball away a bit but only because he was running everything.  I thought Dougie bossed the centre of the park.  Sanson played well until his awful pass (although to be fair I don't think that he saw Mings drop back 5m from where he had been standing).  JJ came alive when Coutinho came on.  The positives were massive.  Only downsides really were that the ball seemed to keep bouncing off Ings and Watkins.  They have 18 matches to convince our manager that a new striker isn't high on our priority list this summer.  And the injury to Konsa is concerning.  Hopefully that just speeds up the signing of a new centre back.

• Like 3

Lovely stuff, Coutinho seems incredibly down to earth too I love it!

Ramsey was exceptional second half.

I gave Mings stick but that second goal was all him, storming through like Berckenbauer!

I hate United, I truly do. Hate their vile fans and hate that rag faced little goblin too. 

• Like 3

I gave Buendia MotM, but the game changer was Coutinho, with 1 goal and 1 assist. His presence and movement created a little bit more space and put their defenders on edge. From half chances before his Introduction, to golden ones when he was in the pitch, tells the story. 

Edited by Made In Aston
  • Like 2

Should've won that in the end.

Still 4 points in the most jinxed fixture played in last 25 years isn't bad return.

Few points from that.

Digne is going to be such an upgrade on Targett it's untrue. Rusty for first 20 minutes but he actually has an idea what to do once he crosses the halfway line.

First time this season Buendia looked 30m + player. I've been a critic but he's been good last 3-4 matches and all our best moves came through him.

Ramsey was poor first hour and suddenly out of nowhere came into the game. That's maturity and his close control is a joy to watch.

Can we please please please stop playing Ings and Watkins together. Yet again today with just one forward on the pitch and countless midfielders we play some really good football. I expect that to be the template starting at Goodison next Saturday lunchtime.

We might not finish top 8 this season but we're going to be really fun to watch for next four months so just enjoy the show as last 15 minutes was the warm up act.

We will only start beating Man. United on regular basis when we stop gifting them ridiculous goals in each half. No issue with ref tonight but you don't half give yourself uphill battle when one of best keepers in the league chucks one in after five minutes and then Sanson plays a ridiculous ball.

Still good point in the end and Everton are very beatable. If we can schedule Burnley at home soon I fancy us to go on another decent run with what we have for next two months.

Please can we stop playing Ings

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, kidlewis said:

£4 acca, cashed out at £117 as had United to win, a minute before Ramsay scored. 

2-2 draw, Ramsay hits genuine PL quality and a starter for us now. And I get £132. 

May have a w*nk in a minute 

I whish you hadn't,. You didn't deserve anything for betting on your own team to lose.

• Like 2

The day 2 players came of age.  Buendia with his best performance for the villa and Jacob for bouncing back from a very poor first half to put in a very good second. They are men not boys . And will only get better and better.

Yet again tonight showed that Watkings doesnt work. One or the other with two number 10s playing behind is the way to go 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, sheepyvillian said:

I whish you hadn't,. You didn't deserve anything for betting on your own team to lose.

I always do best way. If we win I lose money but I’m happy. If we lose, I get money and I’m not happy but I’ve got some money for beers to console myself.

anything else is madness imo

• Like 1

Â