Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

• 4 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Started for Sweden tonight against Portugal. Conceded 5. Not much he could do about any of them to be fair, but no idea how he still starts for Sweden.

• Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Fair is fair. Kept a clean sheet against Albania and did what he asked to do.

At least he has got two games under his belt if the worst becomes the worst.

• Like 1

I read some quotes from him in Swedish media, he said that the new manager for Sweden has a new role for the GK and wants the GK to be more involved in the build up play, also said he feels comfortable doing that.

Will be interesting to see if he keeps his place in the Swedish national team with more emphasis on passing. Good for him to have the same demands at club level as at international level. Not that it makes much of a difference to me though, still dont think he is good enough to be our no 2 and I guess his days are numbered anyways. Having said that I also feel the need to reiterate that he imo is a good international GK and a good pro who deserves respect, even if he has looked shaky most of the time for us.  

Edited by Keener window-cleaner

On 22/03/2024 at 00:29, Ceemo said:

Started for Sweden tonight against Portugal. Conceded 5. Not much he could do about any of them to be fair, but no idea how he still starts for Sweden.

Because ppl who have the full picture regard him as the best Swedish GK?

Personally I don't know, don't know enough about the alternatives.

2 hours ago, Keener window-cleaner said:

Because ppl who have the full picture regard him as the best Swedish GK?

Personally I don't know, don't know enough about the alternatives.

Of course they do, but it's a bid mad since Olsen hasn't been a first-choice goalkeeper at his clubs for about 5 years, but obviously the Swedish goalkeeping situation must be in a bad way.

Looking at it, it seems like former Villa youth keeper, Viktor Johansson is their second-choice at the moment.

4 hours ago, Ceemo said:

Of course they do, but it's a bid mad since Olsen hasn't been a first-choice goalkeeper at his clubs for about 5 years, but obviously the Swedish goalkeeping situation must be in a bad way.

Looking at it, it seems like former Villa youth keeper, Viktor Johansson is their second-choice at the moment.

There is absolutely nothing behind him as in competition. Although the Swedish FA are trying really hard to get the current Villarreal keeper to be eligible for Sweden again despite him choosing to play for the Danish U-21's. If that happens Olsen will be on the bench.

• 2 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, bojong said:

Played well. But seems like he always concedes at least four and we always lose when he plays 

Not sure about that. 

I believe he has played 6 times for us this season and we have won five of those matches (tonight being his first loss). 

I remember last season he was keeper in our 2-0 win at Tottenham as well. 

He’s no Martinez but he’s been better under Emery than he used to be. 

Â