Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

Good mentality to be ready to come in. Unai must see something in him to keep him and play him in some potentially crucial matches. 

Looked way more comfortable in possession though not a lot of pressure by Legia. Still not wholly convincing commanding his area but I like that Unai keeps belief in fringe players instead of bomb squad them. 

Yeah he did ok, no chance of stopping their goal, bloody shame min a way, would have been a confidence builder to keep a clean sheet.

Although we gifted them the opportunity, their player made the most of it and scored a beauty

• Like 1

I thought he was at fault for the goal for giving Kamara a hospital pass, but having seen it on the highlights I take it back. Kamara shows for it and has enough space to do something better than that.

The whole ground shit themselves any time Olsen had to make a pass, which shows how low confidence is in him, but he actually performed well to be fair to him.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, CVByrne said:

Didn't he cause the goal by telling Kamara where to pass it by pointing? 

That's a bit of a stretch :D

He's pointing to Konsa, Kamara tries to pass it to cash instead.

Kamara takes two glances towards Cash before he makes the pass as well so whether anyone is pointing there or not, it's not an excuse

2 minutes ago, Stevo71 said:

A lot of confirmation bias on the socials last night but I thought he played well and was blameless for their goal. BK's reaction was telling, knew he'd dropped a nut instantly and didn't look to apportion blame.

The pass to Konsa is glaringly obvious. Instead he tries to pass it round the corner to Cash which was never on. Blame is definitely on BK

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

The whole ground shit themselves any time Olsen had to make a pass, which shows how low confidence is in him

Yeah I think this is his biggest challenge now, there's so little confidence in him, I wonder how much that's shared by the defence. Didn't put a foot wrong last night though, so hopefully this is the path to redemption.

• Like 1

Played well. Looked good with the ball, a couple of times when he was getting closed down he wasn't afraid to play it long. Didn't have many shots to stop but when he needed to claim the ball he looked assured. I'm not his biggest fan but this will do him the world of good, and I assume he'll get another go in Bosnia. Good for him.

he did good, and this isnt a knock, its a genuine observation, and it might be just the angles giving false info, but....

for their goal, did anyone else look at that from certain angles and think, if he dived at full stretch he might have been able to get a finger on it?

maybe it was just too fast for him to respond, it was a great goal, but it looked closer to him in certain angles.

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

for their goal, did anyone else look at that from certain angles and think, if he dived at full stretch he might have been able to get a finger on it?

Yes general angle but top bins and he's thinking cover whole goal so not going to hold against him. I saw Legia player standing in spot Kamara no look passed to before he even received the ball

3 minutes ago, Kiwivillan said:

Yes general angle but top bins and he's thinking cover whole goal so not going to hold against him. I saw Legia player standing in spot Kamara no look passed to before he even received the ball

ye, im not knocking him, was just more of an observation.

re kamara, i dont think it was a no look pass tbh, just before Olsen passed to him he looked left, and that player he passed to was right there inbetween him and cash, so not sure what Kamara was doing, maybe a mis-kick?, or poor concentration, dunno.

• Like 1

42 minutes ago, Davkaus said:

Yeah I think this is his biggest challenge now, there's so little confidence in him, I wonder how much that's shared by the defence. Didn't put a foot wrong last night though, so hopefully this is the path to redemption.

It might be confirmation bias but I thought it was noticeable that the defence were reluctant to use him. The amount of times our defenders risked a turn or a dribble across the backline instead of just laying it back to him was obvious.

Â