Robin Olsen

Loxstock92

Olsen may have played well but every time I see that free-kick from the angle of behind Foden, he could make much more an effort to try and save it.

More on Zaniolo/Konsa though for sure, just winds me up to concede such a pathetic goal. It should have been a shit free-kick instead SSN are wanking over how good a strike it was. Cringe.

9 hours ago, Villanbee said:

I suspect his contribution to the team is broader than what he does on match day, and that having an experienced back-up keeper during training is valuable in itself.

Cutler said he is the best no.2 Emi could find, he calms him down as Emi can be emotional and does a great job. 

2nd keeper is not just to be back up its more than that. He isnt a back up outfielder that can fill a gap so will play more

Posted (edited)
38 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

Olsen may have played well but every time I see that free-kick from the angle of behind Foden, he could make much more an effort to try and save it.

As you say in the other post it’s totally on Zaniolo (and Luiz for giving the foul away in that area) but yeah it’s day one of goalkeeper school, sort your wall out and then only cover the half of the goal the wall isn’t covering. 

edit; in short I don’t think Olsen really did anything wrong with that

Edited by alreadyexists

10 minutes ago, alreadyexists said:

As you say in the other post it’s totally on Zaniolo (and Luiz for giving the foul away in that area) but yeah it’s day one of goalkeeper school, sort your wall out and then only cover the half of the goal the wall isn’t covering.

I get that, but still...keepers do make saves that side.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, romavillan said:

To be fair he was unrecognisable last night. I've seen howlers in a Roma.shirt and a Villa shirt and I've been a critic from the start but last night he was great. Could have been 7 or 8 had he not done some good work.

They were just showing the highlights of our match in the gym.

Indeed reiterated, he made a number of quality saves.

More than I actually even remembered.

58 minutes ago, Tom13 said:

I'd argue this was an easier save to make.

And this is no slight on Emi whatsoever.

I think alot of us have a serious case of armchair/FIFA player syndrome.

Whereas we think things are much easier than they look when you're actually on the pitch.

A great example is the body am footage we had from Tielmans earlier in the season which shows the intensity of what these guys are actually doing and have to contend with.

Keepers can't see THROUGH the wall alot of the time until it's too late so I genuinely sometimes wonder what kind of superpowers ppl think they have or should have 😂

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
7 minutes ago, rodders0223 said:

Woeful for the 'third' , not necessarily at fault for the two but **** me, this guy doesn't save anything.

It was a top class save in the first place that lead to the corner. No chance with the first two.

I actually thought he looked far more confident than ever before, was claiming crosses like a man possessed. Feels like Emi was a big doubt coming into this so he was half prepped to play anyway.

Only thing he got wrong was rushing out too quickly which totally befuddled Carlos when it should've been a straightforward back header but that's just a lack of communication/decision making between two back up players for us.

• Like 1

Â