Lucas Digne

villan-scott

I thought he'd faked it when he went down, but the knee to head alone would have been justification enough for going off.

The replays show he landed on an outstretched arm and forced it beyond its range of motion.

We are lucky that Moreno is here. Can't see him winning his place back.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, Adman said:

I don't think he's up for the fight for his position. Hope I'm wrong 

What? Why because he got a serious injury after a few minutes?

• Like 1

He made a great run for our goal, I actually thought Kamara had gone the wrong way until Bailey pinged it in. 
He’s not been great whilst here, but I hope it’s not a bad injury as competition will push Moreno on and give us options. 

hope he gets well soon.

What i will say though, is you can see that he knew his place in the team was up for grabs....

honestly, for that first goal, you watch him run up that pitch as fast as his legs could carry him chasing the forward play, he actually caught up with the kamara/Bailey play and was to the left of the goal when Bailey scored.

I dont think i have ever seen him run that fast in a Villa shirt.

• Like 2

10 hours ago, HanoiVillan said:

Based on what, exactly?

He seems to be playing worse since Emery has come in.   Probably suspected correctly that he would add some quality competition and now is playing within himself. Just an opinion.

10 hours ago, grantholtgolazo said:

Don’t think he deserves the vitriol he gets on here. Wishing him a speedy recovery.

Yeah he’s not been bad, but not been great. I think we all expected a bit more from our highest paid player.

• Like 2

On 15/01/2023 at 08:20, TheMightyVillans said:

Safe to say his attitude is a bit different to mr targett

Is it safe? Based on what? Targett was a good player for where we were and was a part of the defence of the best season in ages. 

He always came across as a top professional. 

• Like 1

Emery said in his presser that Digne wants to leave but will remain this window because of his injury. Apparently Emery told him he was not in his plans prior to Moreno being signed.

Edit: it was Augustinsson 

Edited by thunderball

8 minutes ago, thunderball said:

Emery said in his presser that Digne wants to leave but will remain this window because of his injury. Apparently Emery told him he was not in his plans prior to Moreno being signed.

On 15/01/2023 at 08:20, TheMightyVillans said:

Safe to say his attitude is a bit different to mr targett

I cant find anything about Emery comments but this might not have aged well :P 

Â