Lucas Digne

villan-scott

1 minute ago, Laughable Chimp said:

For such small samples, I think GCA isn't the best stat. Digne literally only has 1 GCA so far for us. SCA would be better.

SCA per 90

Cash 1.61
Digne 2.54
Targett 1.70

fbref doesn't record cross completion stats, but whoscored does.

Cash 22% crossing accuracy
Targett 27% crossing accuracy
Digne 19% crossing accuracy

I agree the samples are too small to draw any conclusions. 6 games just isn't long enough.

But it's all we've got to go on, and Zat's claim was that Digne's attacking stats are the worst. Which they clearly aren't

Edit: where do you find cross completion on whoscored by the way? I couldn't find it. fbref is where I get most of mine from

Edited by Stevo985

7 minutes ago, Stevo985 said:

I agree the samples are too small to draw any conclusions. 6 games just isn't long enough.

But it's all we've got to go on, and Zat's claim was that Digne's attacking stats are the worst. Which they clearly aren't

Edit: where do you find cross completion on whoscored by the way? I couldn't find it. fbref is where I get most of mine from

You click on the detailed tab and then in the top left drop down list click passing. Then click on the drop down list in the middle and switch from length to type. Lastly, click on the drop down list on the top right and switch from per game to total. The end result is something like this.

image.png.4142200c14f3f0fe55561cdfce1b0f6a.png

AccCr is the number of accurate crosses. InAccCr is the number of inaccurate crosses. You can do the math from there to find the crossing completion percentage.

Also, to be clear fbref does have crossing stats. But its not clear whether you can do this kind of calculation with the stats they do have.

• Thanks 1

4 minutes ago, Laughable Chimp said:

You click on the detailed tab and then in the top left drop down list click passing. Then click on the drop down list in the middle and switch from length to type. Lastly, click on the drop down list on the top right and switch from per game to total. The end result is something like this.

image.png.4142200c14f3f0fe55561cdfce1b0f6a.png

AccCr is the number of accurate crosses. InAccCr is the number of inaccurate crosses. You can do the math from there to find the crossing completion percentage.

Also, to be clear fbref does have crossing stats. But its not clear whether you can do this kind of calculation with the stats they do have.

Yeah I’ve got crossing stats from fbref as part of my weekly download. But I don’t think it specifies completion on them. It splits out total passes into pass types but only has one overall completion figure. I don’t think it records unsuccessful crosses. But could be wrong

8 hours ago, VillaChris said:

Handled Raphinpha with ease.

Don't get all this negativity whenever Targett plays and Newcastle win, Digne is clear upgrade to me.

Yep, he was solid last night. Put in some excellent crosses too. There’s a reason why Leeds kept elbowing him in the chest every time he ran the line. Digne is quality. 

As we all know, the selling clubs fans' opinion on their outgoing player is utter gospel. 

You can imagine my surprise when it turns out this guys a really good defender. 

Edited by Steero113

Just now, skarroki said:

He can pronounce every players name wrong and he'd get a pass from me. TV matches are instantly more watchable with him in the commentary box

He's the only thing that's good about the Amazon coverage. 

Well, that and Owens frequent howlers of course. 

Â