Lucas Digne

villan-scott

10 hours ago, Laughable Chimp said:

This is funny considering we apparently shipped out Targett because he isn't suited for our system. So we brought in a guy who can't work in our system either.

Or defend as well as the player he replaced. Madness.

3 hours ago, turvontour said:

I dont think they were necessarily put into bad areas though. Just we either didnt burst into the box late or they slightly evaded the runner.

He definitely put some good crosses in that were unsuccessful, I think "successful" is a vague variable in regards to crosses as the success of them most of the time is down to the player on the receiving end. 

Digne is really good at whipping them in, however we don't really have an aerial threat in the box and all of our players are relatively short, I think that is the part that baffles me about wanting to play this way.

• Like 2

What baffled me was....The cross that Sarr executed for their goal.....Digne just stood off and watched him fidgeting with the ball, until he decided to cross it.

It was piss poor defending.

I've never seen a defender less interested in defending. Token efforts all game.

I'm all for compact shape and then spring out when the ball goes wide but this guy just let's crosses in for fun. No intent what soever.

I get the feeling if we lose 3-2 and he got an assist he'd be buzzing.

23 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I've never seen a defender less interested in defending. Token efforts all game.

I'm all for compact shape and then spring out when the ball goes wide but this guy just let's crosses in for fun. No intent what soever.

I get the feeling if we lose 3-2 and he got an assist he'd be buzzing.

I wouldn't mind of he actually showed something going forward 

One stage in the first half he bombed forward for no reason when it not just leave us exposed if we lost the ball but he then took up space we needed in attack

He was excellent the first few games. As were all of them. I think he and the others were helped out by Nakamba, who was doing `that thing' of stopping the opposition and passing to one of the others to take the ball forward.

I am not saying Nakamba is the answer, but I think he may have been more important than we appreciated.

Perhaps he just shows what we need to bring in.

• Confused 1

15 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

He was excellent the first few games. As were all of them. I think he and the others were helped out by Nakamba, who was doing `that thing' of stopping the opposition and passing to one of the others to take the ball forward.

I am not saying Nakamba is the answer, but I think he may have been more important than we appreciated.

This is the Digne thread buddy, I'm assuming this post is meant for one of our midfielders?

38 minutes ago, AntrimBlack said:

Nakamba was injured a month before we even signed Digne.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, sparrow1988 said:

Must be doing something right if he got into L'Equipe's team of the week for French players.

He's doing those silly stats things some people aren't interested in because they see what they see

12 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

He's doing those silly stats things some people aren't interested in because they see what they see

Aren't L'Equipe a little bit of both. Stats but combined with overall performance. They're also notoriously harsh with their ratings of players.

Anyway he was a lot better against Brighton than he was against Newcastle and Watford so long may it continue.

15 hours ago, Delphinho123 said:

Some people prefer to make a judgement based on what they see rather than numbers. I respect that. 

Cash for example will make most tackles in PL in a game week and some in here will complain about his crosses. Many on here are hyperfocused on attacking plays and ignore the rest and has been that way for decades. Stats are a useful complement to watching game because most people focused on ball and attacking plays. Whelan et al would have an amazing game and people would bleat about one bad play or mistake

Edited by Kiwivillan

23 hours ago, Kiwivillan said:

Cash for example will make most tackles in PL in a game week and some in here will complain about his crosses. Many on here are hyperfocused on attacking plays and ignore the rest and has been that way for decades. Stats are a useful complement to watching game because most people focused on ball and attacking plays. Whelan et al would have an amazing game and people would bleat about one bad play or mistake

People on here are obsessed with the ultimate full back who is both amazing going forward and defensively. 

Cash is amazing defensively and has some weaknesses going forward (he's certainly improving that side though)

Digne is very strong offensively yet gets hammered on here for his defensive work as a perceived weakness yet he has just made L'Equipe's team of the week for his defensive actions. 

A fullback who is in the top 3 in the league (as Cash is defensively and Digne is offensively) for both offensive stats and defensive actions would not be at Aston Villa, be realistic - He'd be Cafu and he'd be at Real or Bayern. 

• Thanks 1

28 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

People on here are obsessed with the ultimate full back who is both amazing going forward and defensively. 

Cash is amazing defensively and has some weaknesses going forward (he's certainly improving that side though)

Digne is very strong offensively yet gets hammered on here for his defensive work as a perceived weakness yet he has just made L'Equipe's team of the week for his defensive actions. 

A fullback who is in the top 3 in the league (as Cash is defensively and Digne is offensively) for both offensive stats and defensive actions would not be at Aston Villa, be realistic - He'd be Cafu and he'd be at Real or Bayern. 

People are actually critical of his attacking play as thats what he was brought in for. Since he signed Cash has actually got better attacking stats

Of the 3 that have played this season of Digne, Cash and Targett then Digne has the worst attacking stats

• Like 1

On 28/02/2022 at 18:53, Kiwivillan said:

Whats wrong with that?, its called opinions.....doesn't make the person who compiled the lequipe team right.

I mean lets be fair here.....one of the centre backs is a CATastrophe.

2 minutes ago, maqroll said:

He looks a more well rounded player than Targett, to me. And I don't think we've seen the best of him.

Does he really? 

He doesn't look the superior upgrade we were expecting. Maybe its the managers tactics but so far he cant do any worse than he is now

1 minute ago, Zatman said:

Does he really? 

He doesn't look the superior upgrade we were expecting. Maybe its the managers tactics but so far he cant do any worse than he is now

He looks faster, better on the ball and has a better pass. 

The team has struggled, and so has Digne. But he clearly has some class. 

If Gerrard and Co think he's the better guy for the style they want to play, I'll defer to their judgment. 

• Like 1

Â