Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

1 minute ago, Spoony said:

This board is becoming ever more like twitter and is a representation of our worst in many ways 

It's been like that since forever. Personally thought he was past it for PL when we signed him as had one good game in several seasons at Barca and Bayern and didn't think it was great idea and posted as such at the time

Quite crazy the physio's helped him hobble off the pitch. Then walked him the long way around, then have 2 more helpers come around to then still let him hobble all the way around the pitch. Talk about tormenting him. 4 blokes and between them couldn't lift little phil and piggyback him to the changing rooms.  He's about 10stone wet through ffs. 

• Like 1

Watching the game back from recording - at the final whistle  it is very noticeable that Dougie shoots straight down the tunnel - presumably to see how his mate Phil is? I dont think it can be over estimated how close these two are and possibly Phil is important to Dougie's well being too. Instagram shows that Dougie is often with Phil and his family - along with all our South Americans . Get well soon Phil

2 hours ago, sidcow said:

Would have been available to come straight back on probably if the clowns had used a stretcher instead of walking him off the pitch. 

Not the first time our good doctor has done something that hasn't passed the eyeball test. There have been a few of them. What's his **** problem, anyway? He stretched Diego's Achilles as if he thought it was a calf cramp. Watch the video if you can find it. I'm convinced he made the injury worse.

• Sad 1
  • Shocked 1

1 hour ago, Spoony said:

This board is becoming ever more like twitter and is a representation of our worst in many ways 

This board is often more negative than twitter. My usage jumps massively during the windows and then declines because Twitter in general is a more positive place to be during the season

52 minutes ago, maqroll said:

Not the first time our good doctor has done something that hasn't passed the eyeball test. There have been a few of them. What's his **** problem, anyway? He stretched Diego's Achilles as if he thought it was a calf cramp. Watch the video if you can find it. I'm convinced he made the injury worse.

Look. We've a whole team of physios and a club doctor, and there will be hospital experts known to the club. 

Iim pretty sure if someone was doing something they shouldn't then at least one of those qualified people would be asking questions and flagging it up. I'm sure the hospital experts will be asking why the **** so and so was stretching someone's leg making the injury worse. 

I'm sure twitter would be awash with doctors and physios watching games on telly questioning what the hell our team are up to. 

I've heard non of that noise anywhere. I mean the Premier league is under the bloody microscope like nothing else. Probably tens of thousands of medical professionals watching at home. 

It's just nonsense. They can only react to the information fed back by the player. If the symptoms described after their checks suggest one thing then every club doctor and physio in the PL are going to come to the same conclusion. 

2 hours ago, villan95 said:

Yep just came to post this. Glad it's not too serious.

Crazy how much discomfort he looked to be in. De Bruyne walked off with relative ease after another hammy the other week and he's out for months apparently. But if the docs reckon only a few weeks then so be it!

• Like 1

Nice bit of a cameo I guess, but no suprise to see him injured again either.

However, I thought it would be after a couple of games/sub apparances he would fall injured and I didn't expect he would only last 20 minutes or so before disaster struck.

I'll say this nicely yet again. He is finished at this level (unfortunately) but many of us have been stating this for months anyway.

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, birdman said:

Crazy how much discomfort he looked to be in. De Bruyne walked off with relative ease after another hammy the other week and he's out for months apparently. But if the docs reckon only a few weeks then so be it!

Having now seen the replay looks like he's got a knee in the back of his leg so perhaps just a very sore bruised hamstring.

4 minutes ago, birdman said:

Having now seen the replay looks like he's got a knee in the back of his leg so perhaps just a very sore bruised hamstring.

Aye, he got a knee - but it also looked a lot like Ming's injury.

No, not a bung knee - but the injury coming from landing awkwardly because of the contact.

Even if it's not serious in terms of months out, more weeks, just use a stretcher as to not put any unnecessary strain on a player that is obviously going to be subbed. 

You've obviously got to be really smart to be a doctor but sometimes common sense seems to evade the smartest of people. 

11 hours ago, avfc1982am said:

Quite crazy the physio's helped him hobble off the pitch. Then walked him the long way around, then have 2 more helpers come around to then still let him hobble all the way around the pitch. Talk about tormenting him. 4 blokes and between them couldn't lift little phil and piggyback him to the changing rooms.  He's about 10stone wet through ffs. 

"Come on Phil, jump on my back"

He'd probably end up doing his achillies in

6 hours ago, Wezbid said:

Even if it's not serious in terms of months out, more weeks, just use a stretcher as to not put any unnecessary strain on a player that is obviously going to be subbed. 

You've obviously got to be really smart to be a doctor but sometimes common sense seems to evade the smartest of people. 

Why is a slight hamstring strain requiring a stretcher? He's going to be walking around fine. He's not broken a leg like. The doctors and physios know what they're doing. 

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Hornso said:

Surprised by the comments coming out the club. Looked like a bad, bad, hammy.

Probably trying to downplay the injury so they can still sell him to Saudi before their transfer window closes.

• Like 2

Â