Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

2 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

ye, 50% sell on fee, so its basically impossible to break even on him.

Assuming 18m fee, 4.5m amortisation a year over 4 years, so 13.5m left and 3 years.

We would need to sell him for 27m to break even......

selling him for even 10m, would be an 8.5m loss on the books.

I was happy with Coutihno... but this was/is a terrible deal ffs.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

11 hours ago, MaVilla said:

ye, 50% sell on fee, so its basically impossible to break even on him.

Assuming 18m fee, 4.5m amortisation a year over 4 years, so 13.5m left and 3 years.

We would need to sell him for 27m to break even......

selling him for even 10m, would be an 8.5m loss on the books.

Exactly. So selling him this season isn't a viable option. 

Much better to keep him, see if he can sustain his fitness, and then develop some form under Emery. Another year of injury and we might be able to claim some insurance on the write-off. 

Surely it would be 50% of any profit not the total fee if sold.

I think Coutinho will come in handy with the potential extra games next season.   If fit if course.

11 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I really hope the fans can actually get behind him if he stays. If Unai transforms him like he has everyone else we’d have a hell of a player. 

I'm also hoping this is the case....

If he does stay Emery and Villa will have a plan for him; Coutinho obviously needs managed correctly yet he's still one of Villa's technically better players.

Wonder if Barca inserted the clause because they genuinely believed we might sell him on for a decent fee, or if they inserted as a means of making us believe they thought there was a valuable player in there.

In the latter scenario, they might have known he was crocked and be laughing at us for taking him off their hands. In the former, maybe we've got unlucky and he'll demonstrate he can stay fit this season.

I don't think many people thought we would make a profit out of him when he signed but we thought he would be far more influential than he has been. 

It seems like his body has given up on him but Lets see what a preseason does. He has been posting some Instagram videos of him in pretty intense training.

Although I now don't expect much from him I still get excited when he is on the pitch.

Sadly I think his time here is perfectly summed up by that arsenal game. Scored probably our best team goal of the season and then somehow got injured for remainder of season. That could have been the game to give him some confidence and momentum. 

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Keyblade said:

I love the guy, but that January window is looking really bad in hindsight, which is funny because we thought it was the best in recent memory at the time. Hope Emery can get some form out of him.

We didn't sign him permanently until last summer though tbf.

Â