Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

4 minutes ago, Zatman said:

We should have a one way opinion on the game as if we are a North Korean forum 

I agree we were brilliant then everybody was great today. I couldn't believe it was not 80-0 and Coutinho didnt get 43 assists. All hail our supreme leader 

Kim Jong Un GIFs - Get the best GIF on GIPHY

That's bettter

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Delphinho123 said:

Agreed. You have to play Buendia and Coutinho behind 1 striker. 
I have no idea what Gerrard is thinking at the moment. 

Probably that our best results have come with 2 strikers on the pitch. However, I also think he should be looking at a way of playing them both.

I think he played well, the problem is the same as with Grealish some time ago, he drops too far back to collect the ball, if our midfielders doesn't make runs then the two forwards become too isolated up front. It also slows down our play and the opponents can more or less stand still and stand their ground. In this formation I think we need to get Coutinho receiving the ball further up the pitch, increase the passing tempo and get the other midfielders make more forward runs (Ramsey did that a couple of times, and we scored on one of those occations) 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Mark Albrighton said:

Whereas this post from the Ollie Watkins thread is just brimming over with feel good factor.

A poster can’t question whether a signing was the right thing to do in a sarcastic manner. In doing so, they are “vermin” according to you.

But you can call two of our players “shit” and that’s ok.

@R.Bear

spacer.png

• Haha 2

16 minutes ago, Paulie said:

Doesn’t have the engine or energy to be 10 behind two strikers

Which is why we need to find a way to be able to play him AND Buendia together IMO.

Buendia provides all the energy up there and would allow him to do what he can do best.

In response to above posters, the deal will only bite us in the ass, if SG misuses him and persists playing him over players in better form.

If that isn't the case, then i'm still very happy to have him in the squad.

I have a feeling not just him, but other players, will get much better once we address the midfield balance and strength.

Potential match winner, but he was miles off it today admittedly.

Edited by JAMAICAN-VILLAN
  • Like 1

Buendia and Coutinho are the only two players who have a decent footballing brain when it comes to attack, which is why they need to play together. 

to be fair Ings seems to get on the end of chances created by him, just rarely scores them, neither does Watkins, don't think that's Phil's fault.

• Like 1

Â