Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

Massive signing…

Im so chuffed for all of us that he wasn’t a loan that got away… That would have sucked…

He has got to be the man who we build our play around…

If Gerrard can get the rest of the team in synch with him… and get the youngsters used to playing alongside him… The next four years could be really exciting…

Thats not even taking into consideration the signings we may make

Edited by DJ_Villain
Poor grammar
  • Like 1

Brilliant news. If he'd have gone to a Spurs or Newcastle I'd have been quite annoyed about it.

I think he's a great player, a good statement signing and and an all-round nice guy.

Now let's build a team that can get the best out of him and Buendia.

• Like 2

Incredible business and is a real statement for next season and beyond.

An elite player still in his prime.

Amazing, truly amazing.

Credit to Steven Gerrard here for attracting such a talented player. Thanks Steve.

Edited by ferguson1
  • Like 4

I was in the decline camp because I saw two major issues. First was the finances involved and value for money, the second was whether he was untouchable because his mate is the manager.

The first one I feel a lot happier with, it seems a very solid if not fantastic deal now.

However, the second one is up in the air still.

Good start to the summer though.

great frickin news.

but eff me Villa, your intro vids and teasing etc needs to improve......we just signed Coutinho and its like we signed a flippin league 1 player in terms of quality of announcement....

Whilst he's struggled in recent weeks after a great start here, I do think it's a huge statement of intent us signing him permanently and pleased it's happened.

Very good price too, as we got him for half of what was originally agreed with Barca in January. 

Hopefully we can get a couple of other big signings through the door early in the summer so that we can have a really positive preseason.

Barcelona say the fee is twenty million euros.

They also have a fifty percent sell on clause for any future sale.

Edited by useless

47 minutes ago, Xela said:

Reminds of a colleague who got a huge bonus at work then when he saw his payslip, moaned about how much tax he had to pay! :D 

Yeah, I would give my right arm for the privilege of paying 45% income tax.  

Edited by sidcow

3 minutes ago, useless said:

Barcelona say the fee is twenty million euros.

They also have a fifty percent sell on clause for any future sale.

They would **** know (in line with the song) 

Edited by Follyfoot

Â