Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

27 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

According to that article he is not famous enough for the celebrity clubs. Firstly I’m not sure what a celebrity club is. Secondly, he has 24 million followers on Instagram. Not that it particularly matters.

It is a weird article, pretending to be pleasant but actually quite sneery of both us and him. 

Your second paragraph nails it, it’s like a nice introduction and a nice outro but everything in between is actually really distasteful and sneery. 

Any team in the PL would like to have Coutinho. I’m pretty sure if Pep had him in his squad he would be used. He’s a world class player, to pretend otherwise is a blatant lie - the only truth is that pretty much only teams in the PL have the finances to obtain such a player. Who cares I suppose, I just thought it was a really odd article.

• Like 1

Just now, nick76 said:

What a horrible article, I mean what was the point of writing it apart from either sneering down on us or some weird jealousy you generally only see from a Bluenose or Leeds fan…

Some nice replies though

FCD1F2C6-F616-42A8-AAFE-762B0C5BA4ED.jpeg

5520A6F1-2BD0-4533-85B7-D107C5E8C6EC.jpeg

He's a Sunderland fan, so about as bitter as they can possible come....

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, samjp26 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/mar/12/magical-misfit-philippe-coutinho-may-have-found-unlikely-home-at-aston-villa

Weird article. Basically says he’s found his level, can’t press and isn’t as good as JG

What a clearing in the woods

1 hour ago, samjp26 said:

https://www.theguardian.com/football/blog/2022/mar/12/magical-misfit-philippe-coutinho-may-have-found-unlikely-home-at-aston-villa

Weird article. Basically says he’s found his level, can’t press and isn’t as good as JG

Strange article as Wilson is one of the better journalists about when it comes to modern tactics

2 minutes ago, Steero113 said:

He's a Sunderland fan, so about as bitter as they can possible come....

Really? Interesting! We have no beef with Sunderland fans as far as I know.  So he just has general bitterness as a way of life then.  Just weird to pick out us and Coutinho and in that manner and after the way Coutinho is playing.  The timing of the article is just plain strange.

7 minutes ago, nick76 said:

What a horrible article, I mean what was the point of writing it apart from either sneering down on us or some weird jealousy you generally only see from a Bluenose or Leeds fan…

Some nice replies though

FCD1F2C6-F616-42A8-AAFE-762B0C5BA4ED.jpeg

5520A6F1-2BD0-4533-85B7-D107C5E8C6EC.jpeg

I love IanHealey1 whoever he is, great reply.

• Like 2

No idea how the loan is constructed or how the details for a permanent deal is structured but would be a great if we could make it permanent straight away before the summer.

If Coutinho is up for it I'd try to finish the deal asap. What a lift that would be for the club.

• Like 1

On 11/03/2022 at 10:29, sidcow said:

I wish his song was less sweary :angry:

Someone on here (can’t remember who, sorry) said he’d changed it to the child friendly

He’s football magic

and baby don’t you know

5 minutes ago, sne said:

No idea how the loan is constructed or how the details for a permanent deal is structured but would be a great if we could make it permanent straight away before the summer.

If Coutinho is up for it I'd try to finish the deal asap. What a lift that would be for the club.

100% and I think an early deal helps attract other top talent for later in the window

• Like 3

Just now, chappy said:

Someone on here (can’t remember who, sorry) said he’d changed it to the child friendly

He’s football magic

and baby don’t you know

OK, maybe the sweary bit isnt so bad😂😂

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, samjp26 said:

If he can't play for one of our favourite clubs we'll just say he's shit. 

Signs for Arsenal and they'll write another report saying he's the second coming of Christ. 

• Like 4

I expected nothing less from The Guardian. As a Manchester paper rehomed in London they seem to have an institutional disregard for anything from Birmingham. It seems to infuse their entire output. Jay Rayner is an obvious exception to this (he's always championing Brum) and there are others, but in general, any output about Villa or the city seems to have an undercurrent of smugness and distaste.

• Like 1

Might be a unpopular opinion on here but what a pointless signing!, IF we don't sign him in the summer. IF we don't sign him in the summer this move was only good for Coutinho and NOT Aston Villa. I mean we cant get in Europe now, even a 8th place position is looking impossible with that massive gap. Coutinho gain out of this is a guaranteed football week in week out to get in the Brazil World Cup squad, even if he's off form or half dead he starting for Villa! 

IF we don't sign him in the summer this has affected Buendia, Bailey, Traore, Sanson and Chukwuemeka playing time. Maybe even could make them become unhappy and some seek moves other clubs, also we could use these last 15 PL games as a trial for next season, give the names I mentioned above playing time to settle in to the starting 11 and kick on for next season. but NO, because Coutinho is taking a place up (Only for him to potentially not be here next season) 

We cant get Europe, our season is dead. 
Whats Villa gains in this? Please tell me. 

Edited by messi11

Â