Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

4 minutes ago, Xela said:

Isn't that what the immune system is for? Not worldwide pandemics, but protecting us from dirty banknotes and doorknobs and the day to day grime of life. Otherwise you'd end up locked away like Howard Hughes! 

Heck yeah. Children need to be exposed (not intentionally of course) to everyday germs to help develop their immune system.

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

2 minutes ago, Xela said:

Isn't that what the immune system is for? Not worldwide pandemics, but protecting us from dirty banknotes and doorknobs and the day to day grime of life. Otherwise you'd end up locked away like Howard Hughes! 

Indeed mate.

Admittedly just more of a mental thing now probably.

Much more aware of things.

• Like 1

12 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

Indeed mate.

Admittedly just more of a mental thing now probably.

Much more aware of things.

I can’t ride the subway in NYC without thinking of all the little microscopic critters crawling all over my hand after touching a handlebar. Lol

Edited by Aston_Villan4
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, MaVilla said:

i think its a multi-layered meaning thing from Carragher, lets not forget that Carragher and Gerrard are very good friends.

1) He's stating a fact, Coutinho probably would turn the clock back if he could, and that he probably does at least in part, regret leaving Liverpool, where he was loved and adored.

2) Carragher has no doubt had many conversations with his very good friend Gerrard, Carragher might know that Gerrard wants to keep him, so Carragher is doing the "good pundit friend" thing, and gently reminding Coutinho that..."you wanna stay with Gerrard mate".

3) Gerrard really wants to keep Coutinho, so he is doing all he can, both within the club, and through his media friends to...."help Coutinho make the right decision"...aka: stay at Villa this summer.

I don’t disagree.

Points 2 and 3 would suggest that Coutinho still has a choice in the matter regarding a permanent transfer, which was the point under scrutiny a week or so ago.

It doesn’t confirm anything, Carragher is a pundit with probably limited knowledge of the inner contract workings. I don’t know if Gerrard will have mentioned the deal in detail to him in private. But he certainly seems to be under the impression that Coutinho has a decision to make if Villa want to take up the option to buy.

Edited by Mark Albrighton

24 minutes ago, Xela said:

Indeed. That’s why kids these days ain’t as tough as we were. Long gone are the days of eating soil and drinking toilet water. 

Anyway back on topic, I love you Phil.

• Haha 2

13 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, I do.

I have chronic Sinusitis | Tinnitus | ENT respiratory + allergy problems and live in the desert though!

Fun and jokes aside, I remember in the past, before Covid was a thing, I always used to see Asians wearing masks in the airport.

At the time I thought it was bizarre, turns out, they were onto something. lol

i used to think those asians were snobby or rude, now i know it was the opposite.

• Like 2

18 hours ago, JAMAICAN-VILLAN said:

To be fair, I do.

I have chronic Sinusitis | Tinnitus | ENT respiratory + allergy problems and live in the desert though!

Fun and jokes aside, I remember in the past, before Covid was a thing, I always used to see Asians wearing masks in the airport.

At the time I thought it was bizarre, turns out, they were onto something. lol

The mad thing is, the reason so many Asians wear masks in airports, around Birmingham etc is because of SARS. Now we're all doing it because of SARS-2. They've been through this before and were prepared.

Back on topic:

Philippe knows what it's like to throw away the adoration of fans and potential legendary status for easy glory, and he didn't like it. I only hope he's learned from that mistake.

Also it's probably been said before, but it's funny how Coutinho left Liverpool for crazy money, who used that money to improve their whole team and kick on. Now Jack has left us for crazy money, we've gone and done the same thing, in part by (hopefully) buying the same guy who's sale improved Liverpool. It's almost poetic.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Greenfly said:

The mad thing is, the reason so many Asians wear masks in airports, around Birmingham etc is because of SARS. Now we're all doing it because of SARS-2. They've been through this before and were prepared.

Back on topic:

Philippe knows what it's like to throw away the adoration of fans and potential legendary status for easy glory, and he didn't like it. I only hope he's learned from that mistake.

Also it's probably been said before, but it's funny how Coutinho left Liverpool for crazy money, who used that money to improve their whole team and kick on. Now Jack has left us for crazy money, we've gone and done the same thing, in part by (hopefully) buying the same guy who's sale improved Liverpool. It's almost poetic.

I wonder if the feeling is the same at the Etihad stadium yet?

17 hours ago, Mark Albrighton said:

At the risk of reigniting the contract debate, that Carragher comment gives the impression that he thinks Coutinho could walk away. In theory. Hence the italicising.

Now he might be as in the dark in that regard as us on here, but it doesn’t seem that far fetched to think he has a reasonable understanding of how these things work.

Unless of course by walking away he means Coutinho joining Villa permanently then leaving. But I don’t think he means that.

If you disagree, or think that it’s confirmation bias, that’s cool.

I picked up on it as well. Part of that will be if we can meet his salary demands. I'm hoping Barcelona are willing to offer us a much better deal on the transfer fee. We can then slide some of that over to cover Coutinho's salary. 

When he finally got the ball to feet in this game he held possession well and danced around making space, drawing defenders and looking for an out ball.

And every time, every other player in a Villa shirt stood still.

Probably wonders if he's gone from the frying pan to the fire.

• Like 3

Just now, ozvillafan said:

When he finally got the ball to feet in this game he held possession well and danced around making space, drawing defenders and looking for an out ball.

And every time, every other player in a Villa shirt stood still.

Probably wonders if he's gone from the frying pan to the fire.

Yep. Worked really hard today but was isolated by his team mates time and time and time again. Couldn’t blame him when he had a shot from 40ish yards. Nobody else was doing anything. 

Â