Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

20 minutes ago, duke313 said:

I'm pretty sure the option to buy means no one else can sign him unless we don't trigger the clause.

Not really. We can trigger the clause and if Coutinho says no he can go where he likes. Barca will sell to the highest bidder.

We need to finish the season strong.

Just now, The_Steve said:

What a player. Shame Ollie is nowhere to be seen

I actually think he should have given it to Ramsey there. However he’s one of the most expensive players in history and I pay £4 a pop to play pretty poorly at Powerleague.

• Haha 4

1 minute ago, rodders0223 said:

Not really. We can trigger the clause and if Coutinho says no he can go where he likes. Barca will sell to the highest bidder.

Well, obviously if the players declines we won't sign him.  My point is another club can't just come in and buy him unless he returns to Barca. 

10 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

So Gerrard claiming it’s just some cramping and he’s still working up to 100%. Looked like a knee injury but I’m going to hope SG is right about it.

Would sum up the season if he's out for a few weeks now.

Never know a season where we have so many talented players in final third but can't get them on the pitch at same time. Bailey has that cameo v Everton and played about 3 games in 5 months since. Traore started one league game this season.

If Coutinho can get up to speed to manage full games soon that he can be difference maker in final stages so hopefully that will happen soon.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Zhan_Zhuang said:

Quite clearly Coutinho will be one of the greatest players to wear the shirt in Villa Park for many years.

If we can finish top eight (big ask) then we could be in for an exciting summer of transfer activity.

I think we will have an exciting summer regardless of where we finish. Gerrard has shown already he can sell the club to players.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, rodders0223 said:

I doubt that’d be the case. If we negotiated the option properly neither he nor Barca would have a choice and both the fee and the contract have been agreed in advance, we just need to push the button. I just found it odd that Spurs fans seem to think they also have an option. 

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Spoony said:

I doubt that’d be the case. If we negotiated the option properly neither he nor Barca would have a choice and both the fee and the contract have been agreed in advance, we just need to push the button. I just found it odd that Spurs fans seem to think they also have an option. 

yeah this is the only sensible option imo. I we negotiated an option that could be freely opted out of by both other parties, then it's not really anything of use to us so why in Zeus' beard would we even have bothered if that was the case? I like to believe that we are a little more rational in our business decisions than that.

He has the same number of assists and goals in 173 minutes playing for Villa as our last hero has in 1276 playing for the most prolific team in England.  

This coupled with the rise of Ramsey, has made me so much happier about him leaving.

• Like 2

Watching back the first half again. Coutinho looks right at home just watching his mannerisms. He looks settled, happy and knows he’s a big part of what Gerrard and Villa want to do. I dont see anything other than the move being made permanent. That was just a world class performance. He is loved again, and I think thats all he wanted.

• Like 1

Â