2 minutes ago, IrishVilla10 said:

What a signing. 

Ollie/Ings

Coutinho       Buendia  

Douglas New DM? Mcginn 

Target/New LB. Mings Konsa Cash

Emi

Now we’re cooking 

Digne and a fancy new DM and we're firing on all cylinders. Mmmm.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, mjmooney said:

Everybody seems very blasé about the fact that he's currently covid positive. I assume he has yet to do his medical, but this virus is a damned unpredictable beast. Chances are he's only got mild (or no) symptoms, but it would be so Aston Villa if he turns out to be badly affected by it. 

That was end of December. He’s out of isolation. 

• Like 1

Just been talking to my dad about this signing.  He’s 75 bless him, but he knows his football and he’s buzzing. He mentioned the volume of shirt sales now with his name and number? Daft question, but do we make much from this kind of thing?

1 minute ago, ferguson1 said:

Just been talking to my dad about this signing.  He’s 75 bless him, but he knows his football and he’s buzzing. He mentioned the volume of shirt sales now with his name and number? Daft question, but do we make much from this kind of thing?

**** all immediately. i think i read somewhere that clubs make about a fiver per shirt

but future shirt deals will potentially be more valuable

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, AV82 said:

Digne and a fancy new DM and we're firing on all cylinders. Mmmm.

Yes, I would like Digne. Two winners who’ve played at the top level would really add to our side. 

I think the defensive midfielder position probably needs to be more of a data driven, properly scouted purchase in the region of £25-£30m. I don’t know who that person is but Coutinho will help!

12 minutes ago, DaveAV1 said:

Mentioning him reminds me of playing them at the Sty soon after he had signed. Tony Buttler was on the pitch before the game, winding up the atmosphere, not that it really needed much. The teams came out and we greeted him with “TARANTINO WHAT A rocket polisher, WHAT A rocket polisher”. He ran straight up to us to milk the applause! 🤣  Butler desperately trying to direct him to the side. Comedy gold from the home of the clowns. 

No chance of PC making that mistake next Saturday. One of those days that I miss the most now I’m far away. The Holte in full voice…. Better go I’ve got dust in my eye. 

Yes great days. Things were far more funny then - remember the gypsy’s curse and the red painting of players’ boot soles? What a bunch - rocket polishers is being too gentle on them.

• Haha 1

Just now, tomav84 said:

**** all immediately. i think i read somewhere that clubs make about a fiver per shirt

Gutting, I just wasn’t sure.  I won’t tell my dad, he now thinks we’ll see Coutinho shirts on every market stall in the midlands! 😄

Just now, ferguson1 said:

Gutting, I just wasn’t sure.  I won’t tell my dad, he now thinks we’ll see Coutinho shirts on every market stall in the midlands! 😄

Well we will. But they'll be pirated. 

1 hour ago, Adam2003 said:

Just watching some YouTube (of course) and surprised at the number of screamers he has scored for Barcelona considering the deal “hasn’t worked out” - I guess £140m is just a fortune though isn’t it…

Its a bit like Grealish they can play well in bright sparks but people rightfully(probably) expect elite performances weekly for that money

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, PieFacE said:

My biggest concern is that I'm not sure how he'll play with Januzaj when we eventually sign him this window.

Don’t think we can loan Januzaj if we’ve already loaned Tuanzebe. 

16 minutes ago, tomav84 said:

All our current money goes to Fanatics anyway. Hopefully that changes this summer.

Â