Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

6 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Havent been following his career this season, has he played many games or is going to be one of these ones where we have to build up his fitness again?

Hopefully he can go straight in fir the utd game

He’s featured in most games but rarely played over 45 mins (has still managed a couple of goals though). Seems to be mainly used as a sub so I can see us using him like that for the first couple of games and building him up. Someone posted his 21/22 season appearances a couple of pages ago. I have no idea how well he’s been playing.

• Thanks 1

7 minutes ago, WallisFrizz said:

He’s featured in most games but rarely played over 45 mins (has still managed a couple of goals though). Seems to be mainly used as a sub so I can see us using him like that for the first couple of games and building him up. Someone posted his 21/22 season appearances a couple of pages ago. I have no idea how well he’s been playing.

Thats great that he is playing so his fitness should be good. If he hadnt kicked a ball in a  while then it would take him to get up to speed. Hopefully if completed on time he will make bench fir utd and start the league game

4 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

Thats great that he is playing so his fitness should be good. If he hadnt kicked a ball in a  while then it would take him to get up to speed. Hopefully if completed on time he will make bench fir utd and start the league game

He’s also self isolating cos of Covid so may not arrive before the FA cup game.

Should also remind myself we haven’t actually signed him yet!

8 hours ago, will87 said:

Don't think there's any doubt that we're heavily interested, I can't see why Newcastle wouldn't be massively interested either though, and they would likely to be willing to cover a higer percent of his wages.

I imagine the idea of moving to the north east for a freezing winter to play for a guy he had probably never heard of and play for a team that is still almost certainly getting relegated probably played a part in him not wanting to go there. I imagine a relatively pressure free environment (in comparison to the Barca bubble) will give him an opportunity to express himself for a manger that wants and believes In him. 

I think the cost of wages etc is majority covered in the new spark in interest and exposure a marquee statement signing this would bring. It’s low risk for me with a potentially massive upside 

58 minutes ago, QldVilla said:

If someone said 12 months ago you'd sell your best player for 100m and sign Countinho on loan, not sure whether you would call them a clown or bite their hand off?

In my mind Countinho is the better player and if we get the player anywhere near his best football it will lift the whole squad. I have concerns about the player, but not as many as I had with Barkely.

It's going to be an interesting second half of the season.

Let's be honest, 12 months ago most of us were such big fans of Grealish we wouldn't have swapped him for prime Messi.

Oh, such simpler times...

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, AVFCforever1991 said:

Having Gerrard as manager is the real pull here, never had signed him under smith

FB_IMG_1641539846100.jpg

It’s interesting this Smith comment keeps coming up as if it’s relevant. We might as well say Gerrard would never have pulled him in had he not played with Coutinho.

• Like 1

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

They took Martin Braithwaite, I’ve seen stranger things

Me too.

Already this potential signing seems from the upside down world.

This was from an article on Football365…made me smile, particularly the bit about John    McGinn…

Philippe Coutinho at Aston Villa? That’s the sort of “Well, actually…” transfer nonsense we can get behind.

Philippe Coutinho to Aston Villa
Coutinho has been touted for a return to the Premier League pretty much from the moment he left and accidentally set in motion a change of events that would lead to Liverpool becoming the best team in the world for a while. Mainly these links have been humdrum: a return to Liverpool here, a megabucks transfer to Newcastle there. Weak sauce.

But now he’s being linked with Villa and that’s much more like it. There’s a huge amount to enjoy about an elite, exotic player heading to a club that is, at the moment, neither of those things. There are huge shades of James Rodriguez to Everton here and we would all do well to remember that that particular transfer was a huge success, for about 15 minutes. Like James, the link for what is on the face of it an unlikely move comes in the form of the club’s manager. only this time it’s former team-mate Steven Gerrard.

Emi Buendia and Coutinho spraying raking diagonals all day long while John McGinn desperately tries to do the work of three men behind them? Oh goodness me yes. Desperately want this one.

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

14 minutes ago, Aston_Villan4 said:

it should do it automatically.

wow so will decide between us and this mystery 2nd club who sky have not even bothered to name? anyone else on the edge of their seats?

funny how sky turn replies off on their tweets now...

• Haha 1

Â