Philippe Coutinho

Wainy316

7 minutes ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

I agree with this, he’s a proven top player in his prime, the only downside is that he is injury prone

In fact, the two greatest centrebacks I’ve ever seen in a Villa shirt were both signed in full knowledge that their knees were, and you’ll have to excuse the phrase, “shot to ****”

But they were both managed magnificently well by staff and managers who got the best out of them… 

I know Coutinho isn’t a centreback, but the same concept still applies…

Gerrard knows him inside out - not just as a player, but as a team mate - he will have an idea how to manage his training so not to exacerbate any niggling injuries…

Call it naïveté, but I actually reckon Gerrard might have learned a thing or two from all of the managers he has played under (and won things with) and will incorporate those teachings and experiences into how he thinks things should be done

3 minutes ago, TRO said:

past that Phil...

Had a little tipple tonight, first time over Xmas.

sorry, I will go now.....apologies to all.

No need for any apology TRO. Enjoy a little drink or two and don’t fret about the CDM situation, there’ll be a queue of them down the street once we sign Coutinho. It’s beginning to feel a bit like the 80s, another couple of glasses and you’ll feel like you’re 30 again. UTV!!!

• Like 2

39 minutes ago, a-k said:

Nice of Guillem Balague to sh*t on us

https://www.bbc.com/sport/football/59899688

There was a section on the BBC Football Daily Podcast where they discussed where Coutinho will end up (without actually answering the question) - Balague basically said Coutinho is washed up, and when the presenter said "hang on, he was excellent at Bayern last year", Balague shot him down and said "anyone would look good playing for Bayern Munich".

The journalists all pretty much agreed that he's not of a standard for clubs more high profile than us but he's still too good to consider signing for little old Aston Villa, and he'd struggle with the physicality of English football

The amount of journalists having to have a massive climb down if this happens will be hilarious. Sky won't know what to say

Edited by StewieGriffin

Just now, LondonLax said:

Not when it means taking a massive pay cut they don’t 😆

He’ll keep his options open. Hopefully if he’s a success he will feel like he can continue that with us but he’d be foolish to agree a contract with us now, even if it’s just to strengthen his negotiating position with us in 18 months. 

It is the same with all players, Coutinho will get 380k a week for the next 18 months and the ability to play first team football and Barca don't want him. The negotiating power is not all with Coutinho. Yes, fans may be getting hard ons but Purslow is not rolling over onto his back looking to be tickled. 

20 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

And what I am saying is that Villa should be putting an option in the contract so that AVFC can trigger a permanent contract which would stop Coutinho signing for another club as a free agent if we want to sign him permanently for Villa

And why on earth would the player and his agent agree to that?

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, Peter Griffin said:

Are u sure about that? 🤔

some gonk brain on here will happily tell you how AEG and Trez are a whisker from world class m8, just wait long enough! :P

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

1 minute ago, Peter Griffin said:

It is the same with all players, Coutinho will get 380k a week for the next 18 months and the ability to play first team football and Barca don't want him. The negotiating power is not all with Coutinho. Yes, fans may be getting hard ons but Purslow is not rolling over onto his back looking to be tickled. 

Yes and at the end of that period he will be a free agent. He’s not going to agree to being forced to sign a contract with us in 18 months. If he wants to sign a contract with us in 18 months he will, as long as it’s his best offer.  

Just now, MaVilla said:

so the final hurdles are basically every single detail of the deal!?

ye ok lol.

The difficult discussion was on shirt number. We must have that sorted 🤣

But yes, the full contract to agree it appears from that

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Demitri_C said:

I think he is going to be brilliant and a step up from trez and AEG 

If he can run in a non-linear fashion with the ball at his feet and doesn't smack the ball into Row K instead of passing then he's automatically better than our footballing version of the Chuckle Brothers 

• Like 2

1 minute ago, LondonLax said:

Yes and at the end of that period he will be a free agent. He’s not going to agree to being forced to sign a contract with us in 18 months. If he wants to sign a contract with us in 18 months he will, as long as it’s his best offer.  

As I suggest, Purslow will not be rolling over in these discussions, as per tweet above, option to buy is a discussion point. We will find out in the near future no doubt. 

Â