Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/22 at 23:59

Just now, OutByEaster? said:

Without meaning to be unkind to them, there are only two things that will keep iBrentford up, their start and us. They're the second worst side in the division and we've been awful in losing to them - they've had four points out of us, fair play to them.

We were comfortably the better side for the first 40 minutes, should have been further ahead, hadn't clicked and weren't playing well.

We started the second half like we'd been put to sleep by a vet. It was slow, it was lazy, it lacked conviction, it lacked energy and it lacked quality - the worst we've played under Gerrard and a return to where we were when he arrived. 

It's clear we don't have a squad that matches our current ambitions and there is a lot of work to do if we want to walk what we've been talking at board level.

A very poor performance, losing to a poor side - and a lot of questions about who we want to be.

It was the same every **** season down in the Championship. No matter who manages them or us or what kind of form we're in, we can never beat them at home and always lose to them away. Pisses me off that we have such a mediocre tinpot club as our bogeyteam.

Our decision making near the goal is woeful - all too often ponderous and inaccurate. If we had a bit more quality in attack we would have won that easily. Shouldn't have lost it, but you just knew we would. Same old Villa. Our wingers are all trash.

Yes although we boosed the game we didnt look threatening enough. Its a pity Watkins and Ings dont play well together because I think Ings was pretty good today and scored a good goial but aprat from Buendia theres not much creativity abd little pace up front. Think we miss that ball winner Nakamba. Luiz is not a DM imo and he doesnt create much either. 

I've been very pro Gerrard so far but I cannot ignore performances like these.

We are very boring under him when we shouldn't be.

I don't see any style of play or how he plans on breaking teams down. Some questionable team selections as well.

Still very much backing the man as he needs his own players in and a pre season but f*** me this is so bad.This was an injury damaged Brentford we played.

Edited by villalad21
  • Like 1

Very poor from the management team today. 

Such a lack of potency in the final 3rd. Badly missed Ollie. Keinan or even Archer would've been better options than Ings in this system.

Trez... wtf... Chukwuemeka hasn't done enough wrong to be overlooked for Trez (or Traore for that matter).

Only Ramsey and Konsa were good today (and Martinez obviously). Was shocked he took Ramsey off and left Traore and Buendia out there.

This one's on the boss.

1 minute ago, andym said:

Need to be actively creating more ourselves - this isnt Sccotland where teams will gift you goals no matter how bad you play

To be fair, nowhere is Sccotland. It doesn’t exist. 

Edited by It's Your Round
  • Haha 2

I felt our right side of McGinn and Cash were unusually quiet. Was it because of Traore, whose game didn't suit the rest of the team?

On the left, Targett is too poor, and Ramsey for some reason seems a liability. 

Emi and Ings had good moments in the first half, but were non-existent in the second. 

We're back to: if it's possible that we lose, we lose.

1 minute ago, OutByEaster? said:

Without meaning to be unkind to them, there are only two things that will keep iBrentford up, their start and us. They're the second worst side in the division and we've been awful in losing to them - they've had four points out of us, fair play to them.

We were comfortably the better side for the first 40 minutes, should have been further ahead, hadn't clicked and weren't playing well.

We started the second half like we'd been put to sleep by a vet. It was slow, it was lazy, it lacked conviction, it lacked energy and it lacked quality - the worst we've played under Gerrard and a return to where we were when he arrived. 

It's clear we don't have a squad that matches our current ambitions and there is a lot of work to do if we want to walk what we've been talking at board level.

A very poor performance, losing to a poor side - and a lot of questions about who we want to be.

I really fear you will be in for a major dissapointment - if you are expecting lots of players better than we have to arrive.

We really missed Mings, Marv and Ollie. They provide our physicality and intensity. Add to that the fact that all of our midfield three were truly awful and you’ve got no chance.

We need a new Centre Half to put pressure on Konsa, who is always lacking in intensity. We need a DCM who is consistently good and a new starting left back. All of them need to be fast, strong and preferably big.

Bad day at the office today. It happens. I trust Gerrard to get the players in that will make a difference. Our summer signings are proving to be disappointing so far. Plus point was Buendia who was probably our best player today.

Gerrard way to slow with the subs today. Bert did nothing in the second half. I’d be happy if that was Trez last appearance for us he’s not at the level we need, never will be. Surely Ghazis gone if he’s not getting minutes today. Great to see Ings and Buendia link up. We’ve such a good shape in defence for large spells but we’re sacrificing any attacking threat to do so. We don’t have the pace or quality out wide in my opinion. This is fine against better teams but there’s no point being in control of Brentford for 60 minutes and not creating any chances. Our front 3 have so much work to do because of our shape, and Buendia isn’t a dribbler, Traores wasteful and Ings has a two man job on his hands. If baileys on then maybe we can get away with it because he can get up the pitch and turn play over.  Big doubts over Targett after today, terrible passing in the final third and that’s his main role for us now.  I think he’ll be one of the first to be replaced. So disappointed after that, the three points were ours to take 

• Like 1

Probably the weakest second half of game management since he came in.

Don't think he called the subs well at all, Trez ahead of Carney or Archer for last 15 minutes was baffling so first time we've put three on and got weaker against comparable team in league.

• Like 2

Â