Ratings & Reactions: Brentford v Villa

limpid

Match Polls  

197 members have voted

1. 1. Who was your Man of the Match?

2. 2. Manager's Performance

3. 3. Refereeing Performance

This poll is closed to new votes

• Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.
  • Poll closed on 04/01/22 at 23:59

8 hours ago, TRO said:

That full back for Brentford, Mads Roerslev......thats the first time he has scored in 37 games for Brentford...and having 2 bites at the cherry to boot.

I'll bet Matty Targett feels pretty shitty about that...well he ought to.

I bet Gerrard is already starting to lose patience with Targett.

18 hours ago, villalad21 said:

I think he will look past that.....He accepts that players have varying abilities. Matt Targett is probably doing his best as is other of our weaker players......The big question is, how long do we stick with it, before we move on to better things.

Its SG's job to bring in better quality and subsequently consistency......That will be his immediate task, now he has seen what he has in the last 2 months.

On 05/01/2022 at 21:08, villalad21 said:

If he thinks Hickey or whoever can come in and do a better job than Targett, then I trust him. We just don’t look as secure at the back as last season, it starts with the goalkeeper, Martinez doesn’t look as good as last season, he was exceptional last season though, make no mistake but that was last season, this is the here and now

7 hours ago, sir_gary_cahill said:

If he thinks Hickey or whoever can come in and do a better job than Targett, then I trust him. We just don’t look as secure at the back as last season, it starts with the goalkeeper, Martinez doesn’t look as good as last season, he was exceptional last season though, make no mistake but that was last season, this is the here and now

You are only as good as your weakest link. I firmly believe that.

Because those players will let you down time and time again.

If it isn't Targett it's Luiz when playing DM, when it's not Luiz it's Mings. Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes and it's costing us.

We need serious replacements at LB, DM and CB

On 07/01/2022 at 09:04, villalad21 said:

You are only as good as your weakest link. I firmly believe that.

Because those players will let you down time and time again.

If it isn't Targett it's Luiz when playing DM, when it's not Luiz it's Mings. Mistakes, mistakes, mistakes and it's costing us.

We need serious replacements at LB, DM and CB

I agree with that, too.....but mistakes are very hard to eradicate, most teams have them, its just how many, is the issue.

I am pretty sure the club know where we need to strengthen...its just impatient dudes like me, need a patience jab.

Â